Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 19: Jacaranda Tree

I was feeling a little low about not having my Wagga Spring that I loved do much.  It was the first real time that I have really appreciated and had time to soak up Spring.
Driving around I have noticed alot of trees that lay bare over the cooler months starting to get the most georgous purple flowers on them.  Every park around here seems to have at least one and many are seen on the skyline on the drive around town.

I think that I have found a new love.  Shame that they are now being replaced by the green leaves - but I guess that it will bring the much needed shade for the Summer months.

Inspiration found.  We will have to take a trip in and see New Farm Park in all of it's glory. Apparently the streets are lined with the trees and you walk on a carpet of purple flowers.

Until then.  I am going to join in the fun of Creative Collective Spring Craft.
The weather man seems to have the weather wrong for today.  The sun is shining and the sky is blue.  We are off to play.

6 comments:

  1. I love the jacarandas too! However they do inspire students with dread as the flowering coincides with exam blocks :) So, whenever the Jacarandas are in bloom, you can pretty well trust that someone, somewhere, will be stressing about an exam :) kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel cheated as our tree had no flowers this year, skipped that step and went straight for leaves :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the jacarandas too. I am always sad to see 'winter' pass, but the jacarandas make up for it.

    My Dad studied in Brisbane and he always said that if you weren't revising by the time the jacarandas flowered you were in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't the Jacarandas just beautiful at the moment! You'll enjoy New Farm park too, it's lovely and has a great playground winding through the trees.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacarandas make me so happy because where we are getting married there is one right next to our ceremony gazebo. Every time I see one I think in just over a year I will be getting married under that beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, Jacarandas, just the thought of them screams Australia!! Best shade of purple ever!! I'm not so pro the Wisteria as it attracts bees & i got stung way too many times as a child playing near that purple temptress of a plant!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete