Friday, October 8, 2010

#8 The Tale of a Crazy Knitting Mother

Once there was a crazy knitter women, who descided that she would knit jumpers for her family for Christmas.
Now this crazy knitter women is also a mother herself.

And asked dear darling 2.8year old son to pop in on and model it so she could take a few pictures.

Now,  All was going well. He moved this way and that. Smiled at the camera and did cute posses.

  
The problem lay with the crazy knitter women.

You see - this particular day was a rather hot and humid day.  Building up for the storm of all storms (the first for the upcoming summer) and the thermometer read at 29 Degrees Celsius.

All was going well, until. The little boy* in the Worsted Weight Jumper started to over heat.  Yelling out "HOT" and dropping himself to the ground.

Crazy knitter Mother whipped it off of him.  Gave him a hug and a nice cool drink.

So - Christmas gift #1 is off of the needles.  Looking forward to gifting this one.  I am thinking that I will have to put a little toy in the gift as well - I dont want my nieces and nephews growing up thinking that they have a crazy Aunt.

Pattern: Andalusia by ComfortWool
Needles: 4.5 mm circulars
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease, available from Americanyarns (Australian stockist)

* 2.8 year old boy was not harmed in the taking of these photographs and has promised to pose for crazy knitter mother again in the future.

12 comments:

  1. Children of crazy crafty mums are used to this scenario. They also figure out how to work it to their advantage in the form of "rewards" ie. bribes!
    the cardigan looks great by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Both the jumper and the boy and the story too. I did the opposite with Miss Pepper yesterday, making her pose in the icy cold in a sun dress. Perhaps we should swap and take photos of each others' outfits as it is still jumper weather here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous jumper! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your disclaimer! So glad to hear Baden wasn't harmed :)!

    That is such a beautiful jumper and Tommy (and his parents) will love it! Thank you so much for all the time you put into it, it's gorgeous .. and so is Baden!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fantastic work Kylie - I wish I could knit like you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Jumper Kylie...
    Perfect Xmas gift for sure..

    Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh cute! what a natural model!I love that you got the hot ones as well! :) it was lovely to stumble across your blog! all the best with blogtoberfest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still can't work out if baden is going to be a model or an actor , maybe both , But crazy mum is doing a great job with her creations love grandpa and Grandma ooooxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on a wonderful Christmas gift off the needles in October! How many more have you got to go?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my what a cutie you've got. You got more co-operation from him on a hot day in a sweater not for him than I *ever* get from my girls in a sweater for them! Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cardy and very cute model!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this story! you remind me of Kate who photographed her daughter in the cold, lol. Us crafty mamas, we're great aren't we!

    ReplyDelete