Friday, October 1, 2010

#1 Let the fun begin...

I could not help myself.... 

What a great way to get me to blog again and to get my creative urge going.  I love Blogtoberfest and have participated for the past few years.  I find it beneficial for myself in the this little blogging world as I find new blogs and in return they find me.  I am also pushed to create something to share.

So here goes.  If you want to join in too pop on over to {tinniegirl} and join in the fun.

I thought that I would start it of with a few last photos of Amelia in her princess dress.

Pattern details:  McCall's Costumes M5494  Design D
Modifications:  I just did it all in a satin and then stretched elastic on the side seams and at the centre front and back after I hemmed it. 
I made the same dress earlier in the year and after one wear with the chiffon it had frayed at the bodice and I had to unpick it (re: cut it off)

We are slowly building up our Princess collection and now have Belle and Sleeping Beauty - fingers crossed we dont have any more fancy dress' for a little while.

3 comments:

  1. Love the sweet pictures of your princess - the dress is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tiara.

    I had to deal with a distraught child who figured out that her growth spurt left her with no princess dresses that fit. Very sad day so she had to start collecting all over again.

    ReplyDelete