Monday, October 4, 2010

#4 At My House

We are having a home day. 

With all of the running around that was the happenings of last week and four trips to the airport I am happy to hang up the keys and stay at home.

I am going to turn these oranges into something before I create my own little fermenting lab.  What would you do with them? I have about 10 that need using and we are all orange juiced out.
I am also tackling a new pattern. This one is putting me out of my comfort zone.  It is a good thing though - nothing like thinking that you are a knitter and then you land a pattern that really throws you.  If I can pull this one off I think that I can officially call myself a 'real knitter'



For more happenings at other peoples homes.  Check in at Lou's.

5 comments:

  1. What about Rhonda's whole orange cake? http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com/2010/06/whole-orange-cake.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. No real suggestions for the oranges, other than to freeze them and tell the kids they're icy poles when summer comes. I know, that's pretty pathetic.
    I like the colour of your knitting and hope we can see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you substitute orange juice instead of lemon juice in "Lemon Butter"?

    I love making orange and poppy seed cakes... and make up an orange juice and sugar runny glaze to pour over the top of the cooked cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds nice to have some home time. Maybe an orange or orange and poppyseed cake - although not sure it would use many oranges. There must be some kid of orange chicken meal or similar. Sorry, not much help there.

    Thanks for joining in this week. Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Orange juice jelly is nice.
    Heat the OJ (about a litre,don't boil) Add 4tspns gelatine and whisk to dissolve. Add a little sugar if you want it sweeter. Allow to cool a little then whisk in juice of 1/2 a lemon. You can also add in some fruit like drained tin peaches etc.
    Allow to set.

    ReplyDelete