Thursday, October 8, 2009

Blogtoberfest #8 - A home...

We have a house.


Yay - and it is bigger than a mouse house


Can you tell that I am doing a happy dance today. But my word. How hard is it to get through to people that yes it is only a house. A house that we will live in for the next two years. And that house becomes our home. In the last day I have had the removalists comment on how much 'stuff' and furniture we have. I don't think that we have any more than other people. Ok, with the sporting husband that I have maybe the two kayaks and large canoe, cricket, hockey, climbing and diving gear may be alot of stuff (lets not mention the tools). Then add in the yarn and fabric stash that I have and yes - I guess that we might have alot of 'stuff', but is it their place to comment on our hobbies and enjoyment!



Anyway - house found and plans back to Plan A. Back to packing this home into boxes.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finding the house. I hope it turns out to be a space you soon call home.

    The movers probably say that to almost everyone, softening up for the heart stopping quote.

    Kind Regards
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you have finally found a home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great news. One less thing to stress about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news about the house. At least that's one worry taken out of the process of having to move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news!! Good luck with all the packing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny, we usually get the "is this really all you have??" comments from our removalists as we live very light on in the furniture department, as we never know how big or small the next place might be, even though we're a family of 6 & are entitled to a 4 bedroom +. I pack up ALL my own sewing gear so neither husband nor packers really know how much i actually have. It's just PBO in the garage disguised as clothes & other personal items.
    Happy moving, we're following you. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete