and I can't wait to find some time to sit with Amelia and show her how to use this.
During a rescent opshop visit - Amelia found this - How could I say no
I am going to pack it in the car with the thought of sitting in the back with her and doing it while travelling up to Queensland. How do you think that she will go. Is four a good age to start something like this? I have started it off so that there is already something coming out of the bottom - I thought that this was a good idea as she would not be waiting for 20+ rounds before she got a result.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Hi Kylie! I think four is a great age-- my mum taught me how to use one when I was four and I loved it
ReplyDeletemy daughter didn't go for it at four and has not been tempted a five....Good to see you are using the old knitting nancy brought out by sears, just like mine that is over 30 years!!!!
ReplyDeleteKylie I bought one of these for a friend's daughter of the same age last year and she loves it. Mind you her mum is a bit over what to do with all the 'strings' of knitting she has produced!!
ReplyDeleteI think four is a great age. I can't wait to see what you make out of the strings. :) Amelia is going to love it.
ReplyDeleteHi. I'm in UK and just bought one like that for my granddaughter aged 4 and a half. Going to give it to her at Christmas. Will be interested to see how you get on.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great op shop find. Should be a winner in the car (I hope) to help you chew up the miles!
ReplyDelete