Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Purple Wildflowers

I had the pleasure once again to be part of  Georgie's testing team of mad knitters.  It is quite a thing to be part of her little team and it is getting harder and harder to get on.  Being that Miss Amelia doesn't seem to be growing in the chest department and therefore fighting with lots of other two year olds (yes - she is indeed 5) mothers to be lucky enough to grab a spot.

I am in love with this pattern and can see more in the future as it has an extensive size range - that I am loving now that my little girl is growing up and no longer a baby.

The Darwinia, is another in the Wildflower range and is set for release at the end of the month.
I knitted it in a 50/50 Cotton/Acrylic called GGH Bali.  It feels nice to knit with and apparently easy to care for - a bonus when you are knitting children's clothes. 

I have gone a little crazy with the pictures of this - what can I say - I am loving my new camera.

 This one is for Amelia for Christmas - she kept asking who it was for while I was knitting it and I kept saying "Just a little girl"  to that she would add "Oh, well I would like one just like it please Mum!"  hehe - so another tick off of the Christmas gift list. 

I will link to the pattern details when they are up on Ravelry.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Ky that is stunning! You are an absolute marvel!!! The colour is so pretty on Miss Amelia too. She will be very chuffed on Chrissie morning. And a new camera....wee hoo!!!! Lucky lady...but much deserved :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for a wonderful sneaky Christmas gift! I love this range and am waiting for Acacia to be released.

    I love the photo where you have Amelia in the bottom right of the shot. The composition of that is great. I love the DOF in the shot where she is holding the flower out in front too. Hurrah for new cameras and great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful , and it is fantastic that finally the model gets to model something which is truly her own to keep . Well done and some great photos , grandpa and grandma will be ready for portrats when you come home Love Grandpa and Grandma ooooxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kylie,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog :O).
    Your knitting is beautiful, I will be stopping by again to have another look for sure.
    The purple dress is adorable and I think your daughter is going to love it! If she is anything like my little girl (also 5) it will be worn everywhere - even to bed. Thanks again! Tracy :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dress, I'm glad she gets to keep it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous dress. Someday I hope to learn to knit and crochet!

    ReplyDelete