Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Creative Space...

is a silent one today.

At 11am on the 11th day of November 1918, the guns on the Western Front fell silent after more than four years of continuous fighting. 

This moment in time when hostilities ceased on the Western Front has become universally associated with remembering those who have died at war.

This year, we have farwelled 6 local boys. Boys who went to war to serve there country and do there job.  Families who have lost a son, a brother, a husband, a father, an uncle.  Friends who have lost friends.

So today - I will be crafting, but at 11am I will be at a service remembering those that we have lost over the years and praying for those families that this year have lost that someone dear to them.

Lest we Forget

                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                 Sign ups close tomorrow for the Kids Christmas Craft Swap.  Check here for details.

8 comments:

  1. Today has a double meaning for our family... one being Rememberance Day (we have a few older men in generations past that have served our country) and the other being that 30 years ago today (at 11.00am!) my brother was born! Mum always remembers that just before 11 the Dr asked if Mum wanted to pause for her minutes silence! My brother was born on the dot of 11... so no silence happening there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written Kylie.

    I've included a video with a poem explaining why we wear red poppies today on my blog if you'd like to have a look www.giftsofserendipity.com.

    Felicity x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the beautifully written reminder Kylie.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a sobering thought, isn't it?

    Lest we forget.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post Kylie.

    The 11th has a double meaning for our family too, my lovely man celebrated his 40th yesterday.

    P.S I haven't forgotten about the pattern, I still need to finalise the photo's. I won't forget to send you a copy :)

    ReplyDelete