Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dye Another Day...

My creative space actually occured almost a week ago. 

But I am certain that you will not mind.

I spent the day at Tangled Yarns turning wool into something special and playing with colour.

We learnt two methods (both of which were fun) and came home with two skiens of wet spaghettti.

Reskiened and WOW. 

What a beautiful back drop.
I think that I might become addicted to this, shhhh, Don't tell Tim.
My skeins are the ones on the right of both photos.  Liz owns the other two.

For more creative spaces - grab yourself a coffee and head over to kootoyoo

15 comments:

  1. oooh what an exciting thing to do ...

    I think your skeins look lovely and I love the idea of creating such beautiful things from scratch, but for the moment must content myself with other people's creative bases ...

    keep going (and your secret's safe ... we won't tell Tim!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that looks like fun! I can imagine it being a little addictive, especially with such beautiful results. Thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those colours are so beautiful! And it looks like a lot of fun! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely. How exciting to create your own beautiful colour palette. Another addiction? You can never have too many when they are of the creative variety, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great to get out and do something new , love the colours !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your skeins look fabulous! I'd love to try that -it looks a bit addictive though!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! I love how hand-dyed yarn looks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're beautiful Kylie, I think you should get addicted to it! (And yes, probably best not to let hubby know).

    ReplyDelete
  9. that looks so gorgeous!!! you must have so much fun!! congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Looks like a lovely way to spend the day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing work, gosh i love that, looks like fun, messy hot fun!! Looking gorgeous as always Kylie, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's magical! Now you have to dream up the perfect project for that special yarn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Kylie!!! I love this post!!! You are so so lucky to have access to such fantastic workshops like you do...

    I'm really looking forward to seeing what you create with your first hand dyed skein, I'm sure it'll be AMAZING!!

    Hugs - Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Saw this yummy yarn first hand...gorgeous! You say it was easy but I think it's just because you're a wooly whiz! Ta for the lovely coffee today....and that heavenly cake :) x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful job. Aren't you just amazed when you reskein the yarn at what happens to the colors?

    ReplyDelete