Monday, November 1, 2010

At My House

November - how on earth did that sneak up on us.  Just a year ago I was all packed up and on the road. 

So a year on - looking back I now feel so slack that I have done nothing to the yard or garden.  We have such a tiny yarn compared to previous postings and the tree's were already established so the joy of saving every drop of water and nurturing was not there.  And after 7 moves in 7 years the garden was the last thing on my mind. 

Amelia mentioned just the other day that she missed having her Vegetable Garden.  I planted out herbs in the garden between the other plants and trees within the first week of being here.  They are doing well, but it is nothing like what we had in the garden last year.

Today, we enjoyed our first Strawberry.  Cut up and shared between the three of us, I realised the joy that the kids get out of being part of a garden and enjoying the product of our hard work.

So, after pulling out some old pots and clearing out the spiders we headed to Bunnings and made it home in time to plant out 6 more strawberry plants, a passionfruit and a tomato plant.

Fingers crossed I dont kill the things in pots - I am not a huge pot gardener - things live here if they are in the ground and sort of take care of themselves with a little water provided my the kids, the skies and myself on odd occasion.

I am going to have a break for a day or two.  I am going to get the Kids Christmas Swap organised and will be back on Wednesday or Thursday with the details.  If you are handy on the computer and know such things as making a snazzy little button I would love to hear from you. 

I also have somthing up my sleeve for Movember.  Fingers crossed I have enough hours in the days.

Playing along with Lou

7 comments:

  1. I agree....where did November come from? It just appeared so quickly this year ;-)
    Love your little strawberry plants...kids really do love playing an important part in growing food....if only I was more of a green thumb :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummo home grown stawberries. Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is looking good. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 4 year old is loving gardening at the moment, luckily his Granny has visited to help. We have stayed basic with herbs but they really do love it. Hope you had a lovely day in the garden and hope it all stays well! Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, there's nothing better than home grown. The taste, colour everything! Hope the pots grow well for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 7 moves in 7 years?! That's pretty exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. home grown - delicious and fun for the kids...have fun!

    ReplyDelete