Tuesday, June 9, 2009

When it is Wet and cold outside...

Stay in and have fun


I think that it will be a week of wet and cold weather - similar to last week.




Being a mixture of the weather and the fact that it was a Public Holiday here yesterday (not that the Dad in the house got the day off he was busy at work, but that is another story) Amelia and Baden have a slight case of cabin fever. Not wanting to venture out (There have been a few suspected cases of Swine Flu here and I am happy to stay in the safety of our home and away from it) I have been thinking up ways to keep them busy.


Last week we started the base for a 'Mr Grassy Head Man'
Look what has happened in a week




And we did a little experiment

3 pea seeds in a glass and two out in the garden. I think the ones in the garden are a little water logged - but it was fun watching these grow each day.



I will be doing a few of these little Toddler ideas over the winter I think and am slowly finding some great blogs so I will share those with you too.

Just don't run inside - cause this is what will happen...

Ouch!

9 comments:

  1. Oh poor Amelia, that looks sore. I'm hearing you on the cabin fever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Grassy Heads from Primary School days.

    Someone did a Grassy Caterpillar using a section of egg carton recently which looked good :)

    I also enjoyed Wise Old Apple People which we made by carving a face in an apple, and then soaking it in vinegar. As it aged it shrunk and wrinkled but the vinegar stopped it from rotting. We stuck the head on a stick, inside a bottle and made them little clothes, male and female Grandparents!

    Looking forward to mor etoddler crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Amelia! I hope she feels better now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr Grassy Head is quite handsome, isn't he?

    Poor Amelia, hope it doesn't hurt too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Amelia! Her lip looks so sore.

    I've never seen those grassy head men before, that's pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the growth in this post... what fun ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's horrible news about the swine flu reaching your area, definitely a good idea to stay inside...
    Great growing ideas in this post!!! We too planted some seeds in glass last week and have been watching them grow... Looking forward to reading your kiddy posts... *^_^*

    Take Care
    Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How much fun does that look. I'm sure the kids were so happy watching the "hair" grow. Great ideas.
    Ooo so sad when they hurt themselves. I can hear you from here. "I told you NOT to RUN inside".....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love nature crafts - the perfect activity for kids.

    ReplyDelete