Can you believe it - I actually picked up the needles and what came off it is something for ME! I am so excited.
Next up is a scarf I went out and bought two balls of NORO. It looks so lovely but oh my. It really is a love hate relationship with this yarn. I would love to know how customs let it through with so many burrs in it. Honestly - if it was not for the colours (oh the colours) this would be in the bin. It is itchy and scratchy (lets hope that after a soak I can soften it up a little more - blocking did zilch) ranges from a tightly spun 5ply though to a bulky (ball band states that it is a 10ply!)
.jpg)
First up a cable jumper. Not overly happy with the colour and after all of the work that I have put into it I dont really like it. Yes, it looks good and is passable to wear outside of the house. But it is itchy and bulky. I am going to knit myself something for summer and see how I like lighter yarns on me..jpg)
.jpg)
Pattern: Patons Book 1259
Yarn: Caressa DK - held double through out. Purchased in 2007 when I fell pregnant with Baden and had grand plans LOL!
Needles: 7.5mm and 8mm circulars
Started: May 1st 2009
Finished: June 13th 2009
Mods: Cast on and joined in the round (so I did not have to sew up the seams)
Mods: Cast on and joined in the round (so I did not have to sew up the seams)
Next up is a scarf I went out and bought two balls of NORO. It looks so lovely but oh my. It really is a love hate relationship with this yarn. I would love to know how customs let it through with so many burrs in it. Honestly - if it was not for the colours (oh the colours) this would be in the bin. It is itchy and scratchy (lets hope that after a soak I can soften it up a little more - blocking did zilch) ranges from a tightly spun 5ply though to a bulky (ball band states that it is a 10ply!)
.jpg)
Anyway - for step by step and day by day upsets with this project - duck over to my projects page (you will have to have a Ravelry account to view it)
Pattern:Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf by Karen Baumer
Yarn: NORO Silk Garden
Needles: Started on 4.5mm Knitpic straights (on loan from Kelly to try out) Frogged and ended up casting on with 6mm as I did not want this scarf to cost almost $40
Started: June 9th
Started: June 9th
Finished: June 13th 2009 - just in time to wear on Saturday night - I weaved in the ends at Gelatissimo
Mods: Knitted on larger needles than the pattern recommends and did the alternate triangle at the end (listed on the pattern)
Mods: Knitted on larger needles than the pattern recommends and did the alternate triangle at the end (listed on the pattern)
I returned Kellys needles back to her in this special little case to keep them safe
(hopefully she will allow me to try them again later in the year)
Kylie, I really like the jumper on you. Sorry it isn't so nice to wear.
ReplyDeleteDo I see mushroom fabric? ;)
ReplyDeleteThe jumper looks great, shame you are not happy with all your efforts as they are wonderful to look at!
I love the colours and the cables on that jumper. It's a pity that it's itchy though. :(
ReplyDeleteThe noro scarf is amazing. I didn't think that it was that itchy when I was petting it the other day, but it might be once you wrap it around your neck.
I will definitely loan you my knitpicks again. I loved the needle case, the toadstools are so cute. They actually remind me of being a Girl Guide and sitting in the fairy ring of stone toadstools back home. Ah, fond memories. :)
Kylie I think your jumper looks really nice, what a shame you don't lie it that much. I'm glad to hear your opinion of Noro, I have some sock yarn and feel the same if it weren't for the colours I wouldn't bother. It's like 2-ply in some spots and has big fat chunks in others and is like knitting with twine. I won't let it beat me though - I'm determined to finish those socks (someday LOL).
ReplyDeleteI agree that jumper looks awesome on.... perfect for that chilly wagga weather. Love the colour.
ReplyDeleteHi Kylie :)
ReplyDeleteYour jumper looks fantastic, I'm so jealous of your amazing knitting skills.
What a shame it's not nice to wear....it looks good though.
Oh and those grass head people are very cool. I'm going to make some with my boys too!
I have thoroughly enjoyed a sticky beak around your blog - and I don't care if it's bulky and itchy - wWELL DONE for knittering something for YOU (and it looks fab!)...
ReplyDelete