I purchased this pattern last week and could not wait to get one on and off the needles.
I actually thought that I would make this for Baden first up - but could not help myself and picked up some pink in the stash.
It is a lovely pattern - well written - many thanks go to Georgie of Tikki fame for the great pattern.
.jpg)
Pattern: Milo by Georgie Hallam
Yarn: Bendigo Mills 8ply Crepe (from the bargin room in 50g balls)
Needles: 4mm Addi Torbo's
Started: June 21st 2009
Finished: June 23rd 2009
Started: June 21st 2009
Finished: June 23rd 2009
Mods: I did a lacey heart instead of the cable as I wanted it to be a little more girly.
Would I knit this again? - Yes - there will be one on the needles for Baden and Gracie very soon.
Would I knit this again? - Yes - there will be one on the needles for Baden and Gracie very soon.
Amelia loves it, she has actually been asking for a vest for a few weeks. She proudly wore it to Playgroup yesterday and told anyone that asked “My Mum knit it” (with her fingers pointed out in front of her and making a knitting movement) awww - a proud Mumma moment.
Oh and on the stash busting - I have knitted more grams than what I have bought into the house this year - Yay for me - still have a fair way to go, but I am getting there.
I love the lacy hearts, they are really girly and cute. That is so sweet that Amelia was telling everyone that you knit it for her. You must be so proud of her. :)
ReplyDeletethis is gorgeous Kylie, and Amelia looks so beautiful in it! Looks like you have been really busy knitting, the cardi for Baden is so sweet. Nothing cuter than handknits on little ones!
ReplyDeleteJust came by and found lots of cool stuff. You surely keep busy with all the knitting and sewing stuff. Love the vest and the little jacket in an older post. Great idea for keeping those knitting needles under control too. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteKylie you are amazing - I have no idea how you get so much done!
ReplyDeleteThis is adorable - no wonder you wanted to get stuck into it.
well done Kylie, it is lovely and baden's jumper is stunning. You have found some really lovely patterns. i bet they are nice and cozy to wear at the moment.
ReplyDeleteShe looks absolutely gorgeous Kylie
ReplyDeleteOh Lovely. You have done a wonderful job as usual :). Off to look up the pattern!
ReplyDeleteHey Kylie, you do such a fantasic job with the knitting bit jealous here... Love the love hearts
ReplyDeleteI purchased the very same pattern and plan on knitting one up for goddaughter as I think it is too small for my 7 yr old now. I love the pink you used and the hearts do look very girly. Your daughter looks so sweet in it too.
ReplyDelete