Friday, January 18, 2008

One Little Fat Quarter...

This is what one little fat 1/4 became today... A Jewelery Roll; a little make up case and a tissue keeper!

I used this tute for the little zippered little case and this one for the tissue keeper
I actually originally gave this piece of material to my dear friend Rhonda - who promptly gave it back to me and said "I will have a jewellery roll please, with a thing for my rings and..."

And as part of the challenge I had to show what I had left over - it equals to approx 5x9inches in left over 'useless scraps' (although the piece on the left will become the feature of a card (once I find my pinking shears!)And put your hand up if you have sewn with that plastic stuff before. I take my hat off to you Jennie (Jennie is a lovely friend with four lovely bubbly children and she sews by night to stock her shop - check her bags out over here (although she is on a little bit of a moving holiday at the moment - got to love being an ARMY wife!)

Anyway - Tim came home from work today and I said - "this stuff is hard to work with - it is sticky and clings, I have no idea how Jennie made all of those bags when she was in Darwin" (now just to let you know that I was using a walking foot and it did make it alot easier) And do you know what my cheeky husbands response was (Jennie - swallow your coffee before you read on) He said "You are a mere emitor - You need to use baby powder!" Humm... Is he right? I thought that the mess that I would create - or rather Amelia would create when she emptied the bottle over the floor would be more of a hassle - It may just be the fiddly little case that I made though!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, well done! All so cute, I can hardly believe you made all that from one FQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW THATS IMPRESSIVE! opps caps I think you did a great job well done, have you got the free get creative mag? In it is ruffled flowers with scraps like that you could do a mini ruffled flower to add to something :)

    I cant believe how quickly you have finished!! I love the jewellery roll, i might have to make one for sil's bday as she has heaps of jewellery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy cow! you made all that with one fat quarter? i'm so impressed! you rock!

    :) Diana
    The Chic Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats great stuff Kylie, I do the plastic thing every now and again so I bought a teflon foot- it makes it sooo much easier. I especially like the little zippered bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Kylie you've set the bar high now

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kylie, I absolutely love the whole set! I think that pouch is on my to make wish list after seeing yours. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kylie,love what you've done with a mere fat quarter. Have been eyeing off the jewellery roll pattern myself. Love how you have used all the fabric even the scraps.

    ReplyDelete