Thursday, January 24, 2008

Big Sister...


No, not yet. But any day now , or maybe any minute! And I think that I am ready (I cringe at the thought of typing those words - as they are rather famous aren't they)

My "to do" list is now on the back burner (although it is relatively smaller) The cot is up and the room is all set up. My hospital bag is packed, I have my Babywise in hand (this was my saving grace with Amelia - if you are pregnant or just had a little one, do yourself a favour and get yourself a copy)

So really all we need now is the baby - Ok, yep, I am ready, bring on the chaos, there is sure to be some, Right?

A Big Sister. I wonder if Amelia truely understands what is about to happen? If only she could get as excited as I am about the gift she's about to receive. Her little brother. No one else can say that. I've been trying to prepare her. We've read a few baby books including "Theres a House inside my Mummy" and I have ordered "big sister now"

She knows there's a baby in my stomach. She knows and understands the term "baby" But I guess the rest she'll just have to experience and discover for herself. The sharing. The fighting and hair-pulling and arguing. The loving and hating and and jealousy and protectiveness. All of which I shared with my brothers (of which I have two!)

Like all relationships, I know theirs will be unique - different than what I share with Daniel and Shannon. But I hope in some ways its the same. I hope theirs is a refuge. A sense of belonging to each other like they belong to no one else, and a comfort that someone else is in the same boat when things get hectic.

4 comments:

  1. Goodluck Kylie, I hope it all goes swimmingly and will be excited to see the new little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Post Kylie...I hope he arrives quickly and safely.. Best of Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you all - hope all goes well. Amelia is certainly getting a very special gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading these lead up to baby posts Kylie, you write from the heart and it truely shows. I just had to pop in and wish you all the best with the birth of your darling little man, and also wanted to oooh and ahh over how gorgeous Amelia is becoming (Austy has great taste LOL) - not that she wasn't super cute to start with, but each day she grows more stunning - just look at that beautiful hair!!!

    ReplyDelete