Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A finished project and some WIP's

A doll's quilt for Amelia (this will be a gift from the baby!) Made using two fat quarters and some scraps. I really like how it has turned out and I am in love with the Strawberry Short Cake Material. I have always had a thing for Strawberry Shortcake and am very lucky that my Mum kept mine (as I am not into the new 'bratz' inspired ones with there oversized heads)
And here is a sneak peak at what I am using as part of the January Challenge over at Crafty Mama's. The theme is 'Use it up'

10 comments:

  1. Kylie I love the doll's quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Kylie! I am a old strawberry shortcake fan too. My fave is Lemon Meringue though, she is dreamy. I only wish I had kept all my little dolls. I have been looking at them on ebay but they always go for way more than I can spend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Kylie!! You did a fantastic job! I am sure she will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous quilt - and great idea as a gift from bub to Amelia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love strawberry shortcake too and that quilt is just beautiful, what a wonderful gift to receive from her baby brother.

    Can't wait to see what your use it up challenge ends up becoming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea and super-cute quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dolls quilt Kylie, ( i wandered over here from crafymamas - sarahau) I miss strawberry shortcake I miss her smell, I miss rainbow brite as well. The new ones just look wonky. I love the Dr amelia post a few down as well, too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely quilt - the fabric is pretty, where did you get it? The green fabric goes nicely with the strawberry shortcake fabric.

    I forgot those dolls had smells!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely quilt, the fabrics are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice Quilt Kylie Well Done!!

    ReplyDelete