Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Ball Dress

Ok - I think that this will be my one and only ball gown/dress that I make while pregnant! It is hard to make something to fit now and hope that it will fit in a few months time!

I like how it has turned out - It still needs something - I have a broach on loan at the moment and have some more that I will try before I make a final decision - but it really does need something!

Oh and those that know anything about cameras and photography - I have no idea how I managed to take these photos of myself, but I like how they have turned out and gives you all a sneak peak at the dress.

I learnt and practiced alot of skills making this dress. First ball gown, first time using boning, making a casing and adding elastic and of course that dreaded zip (which I must confess actually came in and out of the dress about 6 times in total and is currently hand stitched in places - lets just hope that it holds up to a night of wining and dining and maybe a little dance floor shuffle!)

Will be back with some pics of us at the ball, and then who knows when I will get a chance to jump back on here, the house is currently being packed back into boxes and will be it's way to our new 'home' for two years!

16 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW. That's gorgeous Kylie - you must be so proud of yourself! And look at your gorgeous tum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love it!!!! It looks gorgeous and i love your little baby belly too. You will have to show a photo of you and hubby on the night, all gussied up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kylie, The dress looks great. You've done a fabulous job! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good girl, cant wait to see the pics of you on the night. (and that belly in real life in only another week and a bit)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks fab and well done! perfect and so much better than any maternity dress you'd find....or pay too much for and wear once! that will look great with a little cardy over the top too

    love it well done and good luck with the move
    Corrie;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kylie - you have done a fabulous job on the dress. It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Kylie, it looks great! Can't wait to see some 'action' shots of the night :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Kylie, Its absoloutly stunning! I love the belly too. I cant wait to see the shots from the night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Kylie - what a fabulous effort, thanks so much for the previews - I love it and the interesting angles of self photography and of course the belly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dress is fabulous! It looks great on you too. Fantastic Work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking great Kylie, I am missing my big bump already!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Kylie! And on getting it done in time too - despite that blasted zip! Have a great time at the ball and I hope the removal goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks great Kylie, congratulations on all of the 'firsts' you achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just spectacular! And you look divine in it. Clever you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Wow Kylie! You look hot!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks great!

    www.domestichaven.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete