Monday, August 20, 2007

NoteBook and Pen Holder

I whipped up this little gift in about 40minutes (from thinking about it to having it wrapped and out the door to the party that is!)

I got the original idea from One Red Robin - but did it alot smaller. Still very cute though - Next time I will make a few changes - put the interfacing on the lining (when using denim as the outer material - the denim really does not need any extra strength!) Think about the placement of the strap next time - if you open it like a book the pens and notepad are upside down (opps!)



And a few happy snaps of my little girl off to her first fancy dress birthday party!







" Wonder if I can turn Eme into a horse and carriage and be taken to the party in style - instead of having to walk?"

7 comments:

  1. That's a great idea about the notebook/pen holder. I will have to try to remember that for the future. And I love your little princess in her outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kylie,
    Thanks for visiting my blog! More bags will appear soon. I only wish I could churn out my craft in 40mins like you! I will link you from blog.
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant gift. And, the little darling looked adorable in that tutu!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kylie! 40 minutes??! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is Amelia!?! I hope her horse and carriage came to the rescue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous, you are so quick! I think it looks fantastic and is a great idea too. I'm planing on making one each for my boys, and YES I will probably need the time between now and then to get them done ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the notebook holder, very cute and practical too. Great work.

    ReplyDelete