Work in Progress Wednesday!
I have been working on and off on this little number.
It is taking a while and I am learning a few new skills as I go along (I have never put boning into anything and have not done alot of sewing with jersey before) I have finished the bodice and am about to attach it to the skirt and then it is onto the zip...The photo does not do it justice - When the overlay is moved it shimmers silver. Tim doesn't like the material - he says that it looks like "fly mesh" MEN!

A friend also had a little girl the other day - so I thought that I would sew her something for summer. We are off to see her this afternoon armed with these goodies.
I little dress that is made from a vintage swing top pattern that I found in one of my recent opshop visits. The pattern says 6months but as you can see Amelia is able to wear it as a shirt at almost two. Fully reversible and complete with another little yoyo on the dress.





I was expecting the finished dress, haha...
ReplyDeleteI love that pattern by the way, perfect for a pregnant belly. Can't wait to see it finished.
Ooh very glamorous Kylie, can't wait to see it finished. Love the smock top too the yo-yo looks great, might keep that idea in mind....
ReplyDeleteKylie, this dress is going to look HOT when its done! Can't wait to see it on you!
ReplyDeletecan't wait to see the finished dress! My swing top pattern - Butterik 4350 (L-XL size - which fits Miss Grace, now at 21 months) has a bloomers pattern I could trace for you - pm me if you want it.
ReplyDeleteYummy mummy! I am sure the dress will look fantastic when you are done with it. That swing dress looks cute too and so does that doll :)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the finished dress.
ReplyDeleteLove the little dress, so sweet!! What would men know anyway?? Or is Tim having flash backs to fly screen being the most important part of life in Darwin?? We locked in a house in Gungahlin for early January, nice quiet street, lots of room for Posie. Love Posie
ReplyDeleteGood lord Kylie you have been busy!
ReplyDeleteI love the top you made for Amelia - and she is a gorgeous model!
Your booties are just lovely. Clever thing you are!
wow you have been a busy beaver since I last dropped by!!! I'm sure your ball dress will be fabulous. You were right about my view, we live in the White Tower on the first floor. Which is hilarious since we lived out in burbs when we didn't have children and now do the apartment living with 2! xxx
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie in her dress Kylie! I love the doll too
ReplyDeletewow kylie cute tops... ur friend willbe so pleased...
ReplyDeleteluv Abby