FlashBack Friday
This week called for a group photo - apart from school photos and the one that I used last week I dont have much to choose from. Dad tells me that he has a great photo from his soccer days with us in it as well (so I might add that one when I get a chance to take a picture of it!)
Eimeo Road Hockey Team
Me - top row, second from left
Eimeo Road Hockey TeamMe - top row, second from left
Me - the left of the photo - Don't look very happy do I!
These photos bring back so many memories for me. I was hopeless at Hockey - yet I think I stuck it out for a few seasons. I am still useless with ball games to this day and apparently I would stand on the field and yawn!
I love this picture of all of the brownies together one day down at the beach. There are people in here that I still know and have contact with, others that I would not even know there names. The best thing about it though is that I like the old 'brown' uniform and the fact that Brownies are not called bronwies anymore - they are classed as Junior Guides.
These photos bring back so many memories for me. I was hopeless at Hockey - yet I think I stuck it out for a few seasons. I am still useless with ball games to this day and apparently I would stand on the field and yawn!
I love this picture of all of the brownies together one day down at the beach. There are people in here that I still know and have contact with, others that I would not even know there names. The best thing about it though is that I like the old 'brown' uniform and the fact that Brownies are not called bronwies anymore - they are classed as Junior Guides.

oh how cute! I loved being a brownie...I was a guide too and i recently went to 2 weddings with one of my old guide friends and we laughed so much! lovely photos
ReplyDeleteCorrie:)
Kylie I love the face in the brownie photo
ReplyDeleteOh you DO look cranky! I was just saying (on another flashback Friday participants blog) how I was jealous as I never got to go to Brownies, I am now thinking maybe it wasn't such a bad thing!
ReplyDeleteohhh gosh I didnt know that about brownies changing their name - WHAT A SHAME... I recently found my old brownie uniform and I still have my brownie certificate in a frame.... cute...
ReplyDeleteluv ur pix
luv Abby
Oh Kylie, knowing you i can't imagine you challenging anyone weilding a stick & whacking balls at you. Glad you cleared up that you weren't so hot at hockey. I wasn't a Brownie, but i remember my neighbours having to shine their badges for their meetings. You do look thrilled, what a classic shot. Love Posie
ReplyDeleteI just cant imagine you playing hockey, Its a good thing your sooo crafty to make up for the lack of ball skills. LOL
ReplyDeleteI was a brownie too, cant remember why I gave it up, probably cause I didn't like camping and the dresses looked awful on me.
Gotta love those brownie uniforms and those socks. Can't wait to see your next photo.
ReplyDeleteMy husband was looking at this and didn't want to admit he didn't know which one was me. He said, "I didn't know you played field hockey. You never told me you were in Brownies." I didn't and I wasn't, but I am still letting him figure that out. Great pics.
ReplyDeleteTonight at dinner with my parents, my husband said "These flashback fridays are fun, I didn't know you played field hockey and were a brownie." My parents just gave him an odd look and I just laughed. I wonder which one he thinks is me. Great pics.
ReplyDeleteI love the pigtails in the Hockey pic. I'm the same when it comes to ball sports, I never was that co-ordinated.
ReplyDeleteYou really didn't want to get your photo taken at the beach that day, did you?
Jodie