The Love of Grandmothers
I always love going home to Mackay - cause I get to raid my grandmothers stash of materials. And on the weekend we went for a drive over to Tim's grandparents and look what I came home with.
Now it is on loan - well I think it is anyway - but when we were leaving she said that she hopes to see many lovely things made on it and that she had many years of use out of it as she is sure that I will!Expect to see lots of things made on it over the next few months - now I just have to work out how to accommodate it for a growing belly!
oh i love mine and wish i'd had it for my knitting when pregnant...i totally misjudged my size...yours looks much nicer than mine and i think i prefer the old style...lucky you! the other good thing is when i make something and want to blog it my body doesn't need to be in the shot! perfect
ReplyDeleteYou lucky thing, I really want one, and its in such fabulous condition... I'm sure we can work something out to accomodate the belly. And it should make sewing your ball gown so much easier.
ReplyDeleteLove these old style dress forms! They're so much nicer than the felt ones with all the dials that are coming out now & lots of plastic, not like this one with nice wooden details.
ReplyDeleteLucky you! You need the pregnant belly suit from the movie "10 things I hate about you"!
ReplyDeleteStrap on a cushion! LOL
ReplyDeleteI wish I had one too.
Hi Kylie,
ReplyDeleteHow lucky are you!!! What I would'nt give for one of those. Ummm... I'm not quite sure how to adjust for a growing bump/belly either. Good luck with that.
Can't wait to see what you whip up first.
Jodie