Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A knitted doll update...

How quickly has the week gone? I am half way through knitting the topsey turvey doll. Just one more half of a skirt to go and then I will start stitching her together and then only the accessories to go - Oh and her arms!

Looks like a bit of a mess doesn't it with all of those ends to be weaved in!




In the mail today came this little package. Morag and I are doing a smock pattern swap. As with the rest of the sewing world we are a little hooked on Smocks at the moment. Check out
Ingrids - they are georgous!Thanks Morag - Love the material and the knitting pattern that you sent along (you rock!)

And look what we saw out our front door this afternoon. A Kangaroo and can you see those legs - yes there is a joey in there!

5 comments:

  1. Great progress on the topsy turvy doll :)

    I've never knitted a toy, but since you'll be sewing it all up, do all those threads need to be sewn in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I love topsy turvey dolls... well done....
    luv Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Kylie, so you're getting back to nature too with the Kangeroos. Thanks for the comments on my blog, Crocodylus is awesome. We also did Mindil for dinner, but that's another blog, later. Love your knitting, it's beautiful work. Can't wait to meet up again, next year. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So glad the pattern arrived ok. Go forth Kylie and smock the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that kangaroo! How fun to see it so close to home!

    ReplyDelete