Monday, July 23, 2007

To Bendigo and Back!

Amelia and I went for a drive over to Bendigo yesterday to attend the 130th Bendigo Wool and Sheep Expo.

I thought that I was very good and only managed to spend $100 for the day - I could have however spent alot more - but I only bought wool that I was going to use for something - rather than just to add it to my ever growing stash.

I purchased this georgous wool. It is Handspun Polwarth Wool and Hand dyed in Landscape dyes from Tarndwarncoort. It will become a bolero for ME! Cant wait to finish what is on the various needles around the house at the moment so I can make a start on it and see how the colours knit up.

This lot will become a pair of longies or part of a dress or maybe a beanie for Amelia next year (opps - I know that I said that I only bought wool that I knew that was going to get used - but I promise that this will not be off the needles for long!)


A new long sleeved Bib for Amelia - thought it was a great idea and will try and copy it so I have a few extras!








This little fellow - he is a crotcheted finger puppet Ram and Oh so cute!








Cinna - this photo is for you. Remember that knitting comp that you were telling us all about? Well this is the finished product. The girls took out second place in the international competition where you have to Hand clip the wool from the Back of the Sheep and knit it into something in 8 hours. Canada took out first place and next year the girls (opps and shearer) from Bairnsdale hope to take out first!


Also bought some Fibre Trends Patterns. I had a little deal with myself that I would only purchase Australian Wool at the show - there were some nice Italian Wools that were nice to touch but they stayed there!

Here are a few pictures of the fashion parade and livestock for you. Off to knit!

6 comments:

  1. Wish I could have gone! Mum and Dad and my Grandparents went...in fact the fashion parade photo with the young girl in it features a coat knitted by a friend of my Grandma's! It's the middle girl.
    Oh well Mum got me some goodies that I am looking forward to getting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow kylie.... what an awesome post.... something amazing to look at at every click....
    luv the wool... the bib... the puppet... keep up the great work...
    luv Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the wool is gorgeous! I can't wait to see it all knitted up. Every year we talk about going to Bendigo but have not made it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an amazing competiton that must be. How many people in each team? I'm guessing a shearer, spinner and knitter?? I would love to see all the entries.

    And you showed wonderful restraint in your purchases. I love the top yarn and can't wait to see the finished bolero.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the haul! My FIL lives in Bendigo, but is currently defrosting in Noosa, so couldn't go to the show, but it looks like it was lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colours in the wool for your bolero Kylie.

    I want that little black alpaca to come and live at my place! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete