Knitting...
If you follow or visit this blog than you will already know that the knitting needles were smoking in 2010.
I sat down and worked out how many things slipped off of the needles. Total count came to 70 wow - I know that I was busy but in my wildest dreams never thought that I had done that much. No wonder comments included 'knitting queen' along the way.
In that I managed 35 beanies, 13 test knits, 45 gifts, 2 fundraisers and 3 things for me.
I set out the year wanting to take full advantage of being in a capitol city and I think that I did achieve that. I lept in and took part in the 'I knit Brisbane'. I also attended two knitting related workshops one being the Colourwork Workshop with Biggan Dups and most recently the Dying workshop with Kelly both of which were held at tangled Yarns.
Other things for the year included teaching myself to crochet and selling a few beanies through Steph of Mon Petite Poppet. Thanks so much Steph for taking them along to market with you. I also over came my fears of cables and now spend many an hour looking on Ravelry at amazing patterns.
I will leave you with the last thing off of the needles for 2010. A shawl for my Mum. This was a year long project for me (one of two shawls in 2010) I love the end result but don't think that I will be rushing out to knit with black again in a hurry - it is not something that I could work on at night (being the hours that I get most of my knitting done) For pattern details and a few more photos make sure you check out Ravelry

Lots of Lovely knits for me to look at all year on your needles, so thanks, and keep it up :)
ReplyDeleteAmazing productivity Kylie. YOur knitting inspires me!
ReplyDelete70?! Wow! I knew it had to be a lot but wow! I always "make" more than I think I have so maybe that really isnt a big number but it sure does seem like it! Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteI'm starting a new blog myself! Maybe I will keep up with this one!
That is amazing!!! All that knitting...what a star!!! Loving the new look :) x x
ReplyDeleteWow! 70 things is amazing. I only knit 8 things last year and only sewed 23. That isn't even half of what you did. You are super woman! I can't wait to see what you knit this year.
ReplyDeletewow Kylie, you have achieved so much! Can't wait to see what you concoct this year. :)
ReplyDeleteWell done , a big year ahead then another move . Love dad and Mum ooxxx
ReplyDelete