What an experience. To sit with so many talented women for a weekend of fun, laughter, food and yarn What more could a girl ask for (thank you lovely family - it was my mothers day gift)
Sitting beside Biggan Dups and being taught by her. What a weekend. If you ever get a chance to attend a workshop by Biggan, don't pass it up. This women is amazing and the 7 of us on the course have walked away with a mass of knowledge from this talented knitter. (there is another workshop at the store on the 5th/6th of June)
Now onto the class. With balls of yarn (Biggan's of course) pointy sticks, a pattern and coffee we set out into the unknown world of Colourwork.
Knit, Knit and Knit some more with a few new skills thrown in and a helping hand from the colourwork expert
we walked out with 7 (almost) completed Cowls.
(aka - knitting and then cutting your
yarn, a scary thought previously)
yarn, a scary thought previously)
What a fun and interesting technique
it is going to be to use and will open up the world of knitting for all of us.
And if you are on Ravelry and have been watching me favour and queue, you will know that I am a little excited of the possibilities of Fair Isle knitting now.
Looks like you had a great weekend Kylie. What a lovely mothers day present :)
ReplyDeleteOoh I'm not jealous... much. :) The cowl looks fantastic!
ReplyDeleteJust awesome Kylie!! Glad you had such a productive weekend.
ReplyDeletelooks wonderful Kylie and I have been watching your queue grow. look forward to seeing what you make next.
ReplyDeleteYou are the knitting queen, love your woolly posts!! Love Posie
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a lovely weekend!
ReplyDeleteohhh my so jealous! I just ordered some bendigo today to make a fair isled cardy from debbie bliss' 9-5 book! now if only I had taken that class and I'd know what I was doing! I'm sure your little miss amelia would look adorable in this cardy pattern
ReplyDeleteCorrie:)
What a great class to go to! Lucky you!! Fair isle and steeking are great techniques :)
ReplyDeleteIf that last pic is your cowl, I'm completely in love with your colour choices! It looks great, and sounds like a really fun and satisfying day.
ReplyDeleteI'm am fall out of my chair jealous of this knit-tastic weekend that you have had! Loving your new colourwork skills!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic weekend you must of had!!! I'm loving the colourwork and am so interested in the cut and sew thing-y, I must know more..
ReplyDeleteHugs - Jodie :)
What a fantastic weekend, those cowls look beautiful, love the colours in your one.
ReplyDeleteLooks like it was a very fruitful weekend! Looking forward to your colour adventures...
ReplyDeleteyay, that does look like alot of fun and creatvity!
ReplyDelete♥