Monday, May 3, 2010

Knit One, Cluck One

Have you ever knitted or crafted something and the whole entire time thought that you were a hen about to lay an egg?  Please tell me that I am not alone.

The April KAL for Tangled Yarns was the new and ever so cute pattern from Amanda Keeys (She has released a book with over 30 of the cutest beanies in it for little ones: Baby Beanies - Happy Hats for Little Heads) Sugar or Spice is her new pattern, a bonnet knitted flat and then joined in the round.

I could not help but pop into Tangled Yarns and grab the kit to knit one up for my niece. 

Then with a few days left in April and the knowledge that we have a dear friend about to have her third little miss any day now I popped back in and grabbed a second ball.  This one is new born size and oh my what more can I say (yes, there was clucking!)
Looking forward to getting these in the post and fingers crossed I get a photo or two sent back to me.

Best make a move.  Pubic Holiday here today and the working Mr is working:( 
I have heaps more to share, April was a mad knitting month and there is so much that I am yet to share.

9 comments:

  1. how sweet. It looks fantastic. And you're right, it's always awesome to get a photo of your creation with the lucky owner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bonnets look totally adorable! I especially like the one with the darker ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the cutest ... what a simple, cute idea. I can't wait to see what else you've been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are SO lovely!! Shame your hubby had to work :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Divine!
    I LOVE that pink and brown combo.
    I sooooo need to learn how to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh they are adorable!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute!!
    I must ask though, is that Strawberry Shortcake modeling for you? Was she your doll as a child? I have Orange Blossom from my childhood, and she looks very similar!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooo cute, I love the colour!There will be lots of photos with Vivi in it - it will be put to good use - it's getting cold! Tahnee

    ReplyDelete