Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Creative Space...

There have been pointy sticks clicking away this week.

A finished Cardi for Amelia and another test knit.  I am getting a little addicted to test knits.  So much fun to knit something before others get their sticks and yarn to it.

I give you Elliot. A free pattern (you will need to have Ravelry access to download it) and comes in sizes newborn through to 4 years.

I love how it looks great with a little dress or a skirt.

Or dressed down with a tshrit and jeans.  I can see Amelia getting lots of use out of this in the coming months. 


I did the sleeves a little differently to the pattern and love how they turned out - for mods pop over to my Rav project page for more details.

The yarn is Malabrigo Yarn Merino Worsted purchased from Tanged Yarns.  I now know what all the hype is over this yarn, this stuff walks out the door upon arrival.  It is so devine, I could sleep on a box of it.

For more creative people and there spaces be sure to pop over here. While your there why not join in on the fun - it is growing in strength by the week.

13 comments:

  1. What a great pattern! Off to queue it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cardi - I love the buttons (it would also look great with wooden buttons) and the sleeves are a great length for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so envious of your knitting skills. I can actually knit, albeit very very slowly! So I haven't knitted anything for years!

    That is gorgheous - love the big buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing! I bow to you oh knitting guru!!! She's self taught everyone...can you believe it...and not that long ago either!!! Love your work Kylie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute – both the cardi and the in house model!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one gorgeous little cardi! Makes me want to finally figure out this knitting thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just lovely and looks fabulous on too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pattern. I have been looking for a cardigan pattern for the little one, think I have just found it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW... your knitting is right on track at the moment. I love this colour and Amelia is totally rocking it. great work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness. I adore this!
    It reminds me of a Stella McCartney for Gap cardi, even the colour is similar. I have cardigan lust. I want one in my size and Lottie's size and Kitty'e size. Now if only I could knit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is gorgeous! It would look pretty cute with a long sleeve top underneath too. I love the idea of being a pattern tester. I've just been given my first one ever and I am a bit excited.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW - that jumper is stunning. I love love love the colour. Beautiful... as is the model.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this Kylie, especially the colour, it's just perfect for autumn.

    ReplyDelete