Sunday, April 18, 2010

The week that was...

CRAZY.

What a week.  I can't believe how much we have been able to squeeze out of it.

We had Steph and her lovely little girl over for morning tea and a chat on Monday.  Looking forward to catching up again soon.  The two of us could talk with a mouthful of bread under water if ever required.

Tuesday morning we woke up, packed a lunch and drove up to Australia Zoo.  If you are ever in the area and have the chance I would highly recommend it.  We met up with my parents and our exchange student that had come back to Australia to visit an bring her parents to meet her Aussie Family. 


I ended up purchasing a yearly pass and we will be going back a few times over the next year.

The Wildlife Warriors (Steve Irwin' Widlife Hospital) is also on the same grounds and was worth the extra entry. I am going to get a few things knitted up before we head back (or sewn up) and donate to the hospital.
Wednesday saw us head back into the city.  Dermitoligist appointment for Baden, Lunch in Chinatown.  Home for a sleep and then back into Southbank for Dinner.  Home via the airport to pick up my brother.

We then had Mum and Dad stay for a few nights and on Saturday Amelia and I had a girls day out and went to Mathilda's Market.

Phew - told you it was a big one.  Going to sit down and enjoy a little knitting with the yarn that I bought on Monday afternoon after a quick visit into Tangled Yarns before I crash into bed. Still have my brother here for a few more days (he is stranded here with no flights heading to Europe)

*and Baden did come too - he must have just either been asleep or cranky when I was taking photos.

7 comments:

  1. wow! that sure does sound like a busy week. How cool is Australia Zoo. We went ages ago and I would love to go again. I think we might have to take Corey's nephews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, i love that zoo, we went when Steve Irwin was still alive & yes, military got in free!! Yippee!!
    Oh no, yoru brother is stuck, that makes it all a bit more real doesn' it??
    Looks like you showed your exchange family a fantastic time!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a week!!! Looks like you had a ball though. Looking forward to our next catch up. Had a giggle at the talking under water bit...do you think I talk a bit? :)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh I am so jealous of your Aussie Zoo visit. I dream of making it there one day.
    Thanx also for all of your recent baby love.... we are truly enjoying getting to know our newest love so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you did all of that in a week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a big 10 days , and it was great to catch up with everyone in such a short time and go to so many places .Love Grandpa and Grandma oooooooooooooxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was such a great time with you all there. Amelia & Baden are cute. I love them and hope they can still remember me when I can go back there again. Thank you very much for everything. See you all again one day ^_^

    ReplyDelete