Lunchbox
If you have children or take a lunch to work, then you NEED this book. It is that good that I am going to buy it and have it on my shelf.
We have made a few things out of it.
Favourites so far.
Chickpea Patties with green salad (and tomatoes)
330g tinned chickpeas, drained
2 Tablespoons natural yogurt
2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (did not have any so used one clove minced)
2 spring onions, chopped
2 tablesppons cornflake crumbs
2 teaspoons oil
Mixed green salad and pita bread to serve
Place chickpeas and yogurt in a food processor and process until smooth. Add parsley, garlic and spring onions.. Divide mixture into balls and roll in cornflake crumbs.
Head Oil in frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties for 2-3 minutes on each side. Drain n paper towel and allow to cool.
Pack the patties in an airtight container with some salad and pita bread
Serves 2
Another one that the kids love for afternoon tea. I made I up one afternoon when I picked up some avacado's on special.
Avacado Toasties
a flour tortilla
avocado, mashed
grated cheese
Spread Avacado onto a tortilla and sprinkle with grated cheese. Fold in half and place under cafe press until cheese has melted. Remove and cut allowing to cool slightly. Enjoy.
Ready, Steady, Luchbook can be bought here - or ask your library to order one for you first.
Fabulous concept, wonderful!! Always on the look for decent lunch box fillers, love Posie
ReplyDeleteMmm, they look really good!
ReplyDeleteOh yum!
ReplyDeleteI am after some new lunchbox ideas. Now that Will has started school as well, it seems I am struggling every morning to come up with delicious healthy treats.
thanks for the tip.