Today we are enjoying a home day. I am attempting to slow down after a week of camping and the crazy week that was last week.
It started this morning and I can now see my sink. So thinking that I should pop back on the Domestic Guru cleaning routine and get myself a little sorted. The house could do with it.
My brother was woken by the kids this morning (maybe it is a good thing that Europe is covered in ash and he is stranded with us for a week, he might get used to waking up - he is a chef and works on a different time zone to the rest of us) So, he was awake, dressed and out the door before 8.30am (Dad, you can lift your chin up off of the floor) He worked out that it was mad Kylie cleaning day and in fear of being vacumed or steam cleaned he left me to it.
I am usually not a person who loves to clean - but these two friends are helping to make it easier. DH was not overly impressed when I purchased the pink number, but as I told him he did not have to use it and it means that we have clean floors he is happy (our big vacum is on the large size and I find it hard to get it out and around the house and not destroy our furniture in this house, it gets to run over the floor once or twice a fortnight and everyone is happy) The steam mop is a recent purchase (from 4x4 show - why one needs one in a 4x4 s beyond me) we have a very good one also but found it hard to use with the kids around as it works on heating up the water and producing steam under pressure - it was an accident waiting to happen with the kids around. This one uses plain old tap water and is a breaze to us, my only gripe with it is I have to find the extension lead as it has the smallest cord.
Not sure what else the week is going to bring. Some baking and a visit from my Grandparents are on the cards and the Uncle of the house is going to be put to use with his baby sitting skills (or lack of) We have descided to excape to the movies one night this week.
Make sure you visit Lou's and check out what a few others are up to.
Sounds like a very rewarding cleaning day. i hate cleaning but I love the feeling when it is done. Great way to justify your purchases as well.
ReplyDeleteHope you enjoy your night at the movies. Thanks for joining in this week. Lou.
Oh enjoy your movie!! I managed lots of housework & baking today with the crowd of children, it was fun, head cold & all. Love Posie
ReplyDeleteHope Amelia and Baden enjoy their time with uncle daniel whilst he waits for that big iceland volcanic smoke to disappear .
ReplyDeleteLove Grandpa and Grandma ooooooxxxxx
It sure does feel good to have a clean kitchen sink.... Now go put your feet up, you must be exhausted after a week of camping out...
ReplyDeleteHugs - Jodie :)