If you get the chance to excape to the movies, you must see this (Posie, please wait until Mr Posie is home) The first Australian made WW1 movie in 28years. It was nice to sit in a picture theatre and watch an Australian movie with Australian accents. Filmed entirely in Townsville, QLD the movie flicked from beneath the trenches and Oliver Woodwards life in Tropical Queensland and love left behind.
There is even a part in there that the knitter's will enjoy. A cold soldier is offered a pair of gloves and scarf by one of his mates. He declined the offer but was handed them being told that his wife knitted them and there would be another set arrive next week. They chat about said knitting wife and how she started knitting when he left for war. It ends with "She will knit herself a new husband if this war doesn't end soon" I laughed, I think that I was the only one that did - obviously the only knitting wife in the cinema.
So as we remember our ANZAC's this week may we also remember those currently serving for our country, those in training and the families of these members. Lest We Forget.

I saw the shorts for this the other day and really want to go and see it on the big screen :)
ReplyDeleteOH i laughed just reading that - knit herself a new husband, brilliant!! Yes, shall wait until my loved one is home before i torture myself with a war movie (Atonement was enough to have me weeping). Lovely post, i'll do one closer to ANZAC day too. Love Posie
ReplyDeleteI have seen great reviews on this one... no cinema time for me in the near future (unless you fancy a spot of babysitting ;)). But will definitely be selecting it on Austar as soon as it hits the waves :)
ReplyDeleteLovely post Kylie!! Such a special time for remembering and being thankful :)
ReplyDeleteI have been looking forward to this one too. I saw the reviews and plus I have some movie tickets that expire soon, so hopefully we will go this weekend.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the review. I've seen some interviews but haven't paid much attention. I'll have a look now. :)
ReplyDelete