Wednesday, March 31, 2010

An Easter Rainbow

The dress is finished.  After a slight heart attack on Monday night (after I found Amelia in the spare bedroom with a pair of sissors helping to snip off the ends) it is blocked and wearable*



She has proudly announced that it is called her Easter Dress - so I guess I know what she will be wearing to Church come Sunday.

This is my first time knitting in Biggan and I must say that I am in love. The colours, the feel and the stitches are perfect and did I say colours.  There are 64 colours in there range now and they are the brightest you will find anywhere.  It is a little more expensive than your average 8ply 50gram ball - but did I mention the colours - go and have a look for yourself, you will not be disappointed.

The pattern is yet another by the talented Georgie (other wise know as Tikki)  happily named the Rainbow dress.  I am pleased that I knitted it in the stripe pattern for something extra special, but it looks just as nice knitted up in a semi, solid or varigated.  Here is the Ravelry link to the pattern if you so happen to have access (if not you best join - it is well worth the effort)

I am really enjoying these Knit Alongs through Tangled Yarns.  I know that I am meant to be working down the stash this year (and that is happening) but Kelly just happily sits and offers another gorgeous pattern and yarn each month.  I will be joining on for April and knitting my niece in NSW a bonnet.

* knitter will not be held responsible if said daughter one day happens to be out and finds herself wearing a mini dress home!



We were meant to have a play date with the lovely Steph today - but her little one was unwell. I am looking forward to finally getting together after Easter (we have been trying for a few weeks now) and I am thinking that I have just found a wonderful crafty friend the next suburb over.  Go and say Hi, Steph is new to blogging. But just look what she popped in for the kids. Thanks Steph - they did not last long at all.

13 comments:

  1. OH i love it, the dress, the scissor incident, the poses. I had a child ask if they could snip a little bit of fabric once, they cut it from the centre of a 10m bolt. OMG, yes, heart attack indeed. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolute treasure you are! How excited was I to see your link to my blog...cue jumping up and down like a little girl again :) That dress is magnificent! You are a brilliant knitter...I am in awe. Looking forward to our catch up and glad you enjoyed the cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that is beautiful. I love the colours and it looks great on Amelia.

    I so wish I could knit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!!! Kylie, it looks stunning! I love the stripes and the colours that you chose and it looks like it fits Amelia perfectly! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW... what awesome knitting. so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks wonderful Kylie. I bet they will love it at church too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous and inspirational as usual! Have a lovely Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is wonderful! What is it with kids and scissors? Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the most gorgeous dress! You must be thrilled! Its a shame you had to go through the scissors incident but at least it gives the dress its own history now. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dress is fantastic and to think a little girl aged 4 years helped to finish it off ,craft is going to run in the family again , lucky Tim .And Amelia is so proud to be wearing her new dress . Well done Love Grandpa and Grandma ooooxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is too cute! Thanks for the link to the pattern, I somehow missed that one!

    Alice @ http://kathrynivy.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - that dress is awesome and a brilliant fit too!

    It (almost) inspires me to knit one for My little darling (almost...) from she who is still working on the milo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was looking at the dress on Ravelry and started reading postings about it. Thus I made it to your blog.
    I love the dress and am pretty sure I will be ordering the pattern.
    Your scissor incident reminds me of a shirt I made for my 2 year old grandson this past winter. One day I went downstairs to him sitting on the couch with scissors and shirt in hand........yes, the shirt has several snips in it along the hemline and the button placket. I put it away so I could give it to him when he is an adult.

    ReplyDelete