Friday, May 22, 2009

New Supplies

On our trip to Brisbane I descided that I would go and find Tangled YARNS.
Armed with a little map of Brisbane we caught a train from the city and then walked from the train station. It must have looked a sight to see two people walking through the Valley rolling a bag behind them - But this girl was on a mission and lucky I have a loving husband who dragged the bag!

I walked through the door and knew that I was in yarn lovers heaven. I had already checked out the web site and knew that I wanted to add to my needle collection and could have walked out of there with lots of fluffy balls - but I didn't. To tell you the truth I was a little bowled over by the range LOL
Anyway - this is what I came home with.

A set of KnitPick Sock DPN's and two circulars to make knitting longies and soakers easier.
And this little wonder. It is a Knit Kit and Oh my - I will never again ask for a pair of sissors or tape measure at a knit night again (and if I do, well I give you permission to hit me, but not too hard)This little shop has only been open for 10 weeks - what a fab job you have done Kelly.
If you live or are planning a visit to Brisbane make sure that you go and find Tangled YARNS. It is the most lovely shop. There is a lovely coffee shop and childrens toy and clothes store only a few minutes walk away as well.

If I did not have to rush off and catch a plane in two hours I would have pulled out my knitting and joined the knitting mumma's that were knitting around there babes. It was lovely and inspiring to see. Now to sit and dream that we get a posting to Brisbane and maybe even Kelly will be looking at employing some new gals for the store (I did say dream didn't I?)

Photo's of the store are used with permission from Kelly - thanks Kelly - it was great to meet you.

5 comments:

  1. Yarn lovers heaven indeed! My goodness, that store looks amazing. The yarn all piled up in pretty little piles, sorted into colour groups and out in view...... awesome!

    That knit kit is a really good idea, I think I need one of them for myself. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. First Tasmania was looking like the crafty place to be and now there's evidence it's Brisbane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dream away! They have done a great job. Lovely shop!
    Thanks for popping into my little blog. I take it from the 'posting' you guys are a defence family. Would be lovely to get a posting back here!! Need crafty friends! I have a lovely friend here who gets their new posting next month, really hoping they are staying!!
    I'm going to make a cuppa and have a look around your blog :)
    take care xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Mum will be heading in there on Wednesday after I sent her this link - well done Kylie for supporting & encouraging local craft! Love you lots! x*

    ReplyDelete
  5. You lucky gorl you!!! I so want to go to brissy just to go to this shop... Thanks for your review now your making me want to go even more...

    Take Care
    Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete