Sunday, May 3, 2009

Festival of the Fallen Leaves


We packed the kids into the car and headed up into the hills for the Festival of the Fallen leaves yesterday. A once a year event in Tumut.

There were not as many leaves on the ground - due to global warming they are still hanging in the tree. But the colours were amazing.

The street parade was great. For a small town of 6000, there was a great represention of business and schools from the district. It was great to see.
And a market at the end of the street with its very own animal petting zoo.

And a few more leaves for good measure...


2 comments:

  1. Very pretty Kylie. Would you believe that I have been hanging out to read this post all day?

    The leaves are just gorgeous. I love all the colours, and the way that the sun is shining through them. Nature is so gorgeous!

    The petting zoo animals look so happy. :D

    So, did you get to knit anything in the car on the drive up there???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I miss changing of the seasons!! Lovely pictures xox

    ReplyDelete