Friday, May 8, 2009

A Dress for Me

While I should have been cleaning out the car and packing a bag to go away, this is what was I doing.


Making a dress. Yes leaving everything to the last minute again.


This is the result of watching Grey's Anatomy and while the kids watched Playschool this morning. (thanks ABC Kids)
Edited to add pattern details: Fast & Easy Butterick Fashion Express B5247
It really is Fast and Easy and completed in a couple of hours. It took me about an hour to trace and cut out the pattern and another to stitch it up. It really is just a sack sewn up, but it amazing how a pair of stockings and a pair of boots can turn a sack into something wearable.

And my little grr for the day. Look at the thread - what a mess and to think that I spent good money on Gutermann thread - this has never happened to the cheap spotlight brand, and here I was thinking that I had done the right thing and bought the expensive thread to make myself something in a stretch knit fabric.

Best keep moving - Quiches are in the oven (attempting to be good and not buy anything on the way down and instead of buying snacky food and drinks for us and the kids) and still have a guest book to make for the wedding next weekend.

10 comments:

  1. Your new dress looks very stylish! I always use Gutterman thread and have never had any trouble - how annoying for you! Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing Kylie. I love your new dress, very chic. :) It's dissapointing that the good thread was buggered up.

    I wonder what you are going to create while you are away?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great dress! What pattern did you use?

    I tried to sew while watching Grey's last night as well but kept crying so it was not going to happen for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great dress! I drive my husband crazy doing the same thing. On any given weekend you'll find me madly sewing a dress or skirt and finishing it with only moments to spare before we have to leave to go out. A girl never has exactly what she NEEDS in the wardrobe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that's lovely Kylie really great style.
    Strange about the thread though - I always use Guttermans and have never had a problem, maybe you got a dud roll??
    Oh and more importantly....
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress looks fabulous! Hope to see a modelled pic too :)

    I have always used Gutterman thread, but never had that problem. Can't think what else to suggest though that might have led to the thread doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dress - very stylish. Aren't your kids growing quickly! And the photos from the festival are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh, that dress is gorgeous Kylie!!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS DRESS!!! Definitly need a pic of it on aswell... Bummer about the thread, stick with the good ol' spotlight brand I say...

    Take Care
    jodie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kylie you'll look amazing in that dress!! You're so super clever, i love all that you do, mothering, knitting, sewing . . . not a bad life we Army wives manage is it?? Look forward to seeing you when next in Canberra, love Posie

    ReplyDelete