Monday, May 4, 2009

I Love Berries

I have finally stitched it all together. We went into town to get some buttons yesterday and I finished it last night.

Amelia's little face this morning was priceless when she saw it on the end of her bed all finished and ready for her to put on and wear to Preschool today.
Now I am a little sad that it has taken me so long to get this finished for her. It rides up a little at the front. If it drives me nuts I will frog the band and redo it. But at the moment it is finished and wearable.
Amelia got to choose the pattern. Apparently the stich looked like little berries - who was I to argue. I think that I am going to have my work cut out for me in future years as I think that this girl may have style.

Pattern: Vintage Patons Toddler Cardigan Book 673
Yarn: Cleckheaton Machinewash 5 Ply Crepe (gifted from my grandmother)
Needles: 3.75mm and 3mm needles
Started: Febuary 20th 2009
Finished: May 3rd 2009
Mods: None this time
Project notes: Found the yarn splitty and bouncy, If I make this again it will not be with a crepe wool - still have 6 balls to use up - not sure what it will become - maybe socks!

4 comments:

  1. WOW! That cardigan looks gorgeous on her. The colour really suits her skin tones too. You have done another fantastic job, as always! Even if the crepe is annoying to knit up, it wears really well. It looks like new after being washed. Very pretty pigtails too. :D

    If you do convert the pattern into a larger size for Amelia in the future, can you figure out the size to fit me too?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Cardi! Pulled the one I am knitting for Sophie out this morning and was knitting it as I read through your last 5 posts! I need help with it now...sleeve stripes trouble! Love the pattern of your cardi...maybe we should do a swap some time! Loving the blog - thanks!

    P.S. Sophie's blanket didn't make it for her birthday but she loves the pieces anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kylie I think you did a beautiful job with the berry cardigan, very sweet. I too find the crepe yarns a bit splitty sometimes too so dont use them as much for my daughter's handknits anymore. A really great yarn for kids is Panda Magnum Soft which you can buy from Kmart for about $5.00 a 100gm ball and it comes in some lovely colors too, not just pastel ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cardigan looks beautiful! Now I'm even more keen to try that pattern.

    ReplyDelete