Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Work in Progress Wednesday No?

Ok - I have lost track of how many Wednesdays I have done this for. I know that I have been a little slack of late - sorry!It is a little sad in this house at the moment - as I am a lady without a sewing machine or an overlocker! Very sad indeed. They are both in getting serviced - but the saddest part is we may not be able to get the parts to fix it. Apparently Janome have a 10year hold on there parts and then after that time you are not able to get them. And our machine is 11 years - you would not believe it! I know that I should be happy as it means that I might be getting a new machine - but I was really liking my old one - we are great friends and will be sad to let it go.

Anyway - This is going to be the project that I am working on in the next two or so weeks.

Amelia recieved a Topsey Turvey Cideralla Doll from her Great Granny for Christmas.















Well our niece turns one in a few weeks and have been trying to work out what I could make her. I ended up purchasing a pattern off of Ebay and now just have to get knitting. (think that I will do Mother Hubbard and Little Miss Muffet)

I am also working on a knitted jumper for ME - more about that later.

7 comments:

  1. My grandmother made this doll once. I absolutely love it! I want one for myself....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these dolls! Can't wait to see the one that you make!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the doll! I knitted Jean Greenhowes scotsman years ago. They are such fun designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love these dolls and have been wanting to make one for ages but have been unable to find a pattern. I never thought to look on EBay!! I'll have to check it out and hopefully score myself a copy of that book. You see my daughter is also one this year and a doll like this would be an awesome present for her...

    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my - she's gorgeous! Impulse shopper to the fore, I've just bought a copy of the pattern on eBay - although the knitted doll was only 4 pounds on the Uk site...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo those dolls are awesome - can't wait to see yours :)
    Cree

    ReplyDelete