Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Look what I found in the Letter Box

Look at this little pack that arrived today from the lovely Glenda - I was so thrilled as I knew that she was sending me one but instead I found four little books in the post. Including the most georgous little smocking outfits (I have already chosen which ones I am going to do for Amelia when the weather gets warmer!) And I will have to practice my smocking skills, I have not smocked since the small sample piece that I did at high school - might be something that I can do while I am without my sewing machines

And I purchased some material off of Helen! She was culling and not that I really needed any more fabric - but how could I resist this Strawberry Shortcake material. It takes me back to my childhood and my Miss Shortcake - I still have her - actually she is sitting here for Amelia.

5 comments:

  1. Glad the material made it safely to your house! Happy sewing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow lucky you! thank you for your kind words, they mean so much to me at this time! Corrie:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you! That top smocking book looks like the same one Tigerfilly sent me. It is fabulous. Have fun with your new treats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi there, yes thats opal sock yarn! I made them on 3.25mm needles and now going to do them in another type of sock yarn I bought at another yarn store with stripes!
    Corrie:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smocking, I love it.

    I've made the first little all in one for my niece, but I'm going to make it for Baby K as well.

    And I actually designed the second outfit 'Child of Nature' that you are going to make. Hope you enjoy making it. It's a fairly simple smocking and sewing design, so you should have no trouble at all.

    ReplyDelete