Monday, May 14, 2007

Grandma's Slippers...

I have finished knitting a pair of slippers for my grandmother. It is not the prettiest of wools, but she gave it to me and then asked for some back so she could knit up a pair of slippers for herself. So she is getting some back - in the form of a pair of already knitted slippers.

Patterns: Knitted Moccasin Slippers from Sue's Crochet and Knitting
Yarn: Some Black from my stash and Cleckheaton 8ply (85%wool, 15% Viscose) - from Grandmas Cupboard!
Needles: 5mm knitting needles
Mods: My Grandmother has large feet for a women so I added a few extra stitches and rows on. I do hope that they fit her
Cast on and Bind off: May 8th - 13th
Would you knit these again:
Yes I will knit another pair of these
Other Comments: It is hard to take photos of one's feet - I hade to get Tim to help me out in the end - thanks Tim

2 comments:

  1. Ooh.. i love these cosy bedsocksy delicious slippery things! and i love hot water bottle covers too! and i love it that it is getting cooler and the knitters are going clickety clack! thanks for visiting our little blog! your blog is pink and cosy! xx pip

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for my gorgeous pincushion! so modern and trendy and I love it! still waiting for camera to be charged so i can snap away and load up! might be tmrw morning but am loving it and your cards and fabric so gorgeous too! thank you thank you thankyou!
    Corrie:)

    ReplyDelete