Monday, July 11, 2011

{the day after sunday}

I am always running late at joining in with PaisleyJades: Things I'm Loving and Maxabella Loves: Grateful Linkup (or should that be forgetting altogether)
Then today I found a new one.  Blogs Tea and Me has started a linky named {the day after Sunday}  Perfect.  I never seem to find the time to blog towards the end of the week and there is usually alot happening over the weekends (lots of family things) that I would love to share.

Yesterday saw us have a slower start to the day.  We missed church (opps) A family day was in order as the family is about to become one less again very soon:(

We packed up the car with the kids, the makings of a BBQ and headed up to Mt Cootha for a lovely family day in the sun.

I watched the kids as they explored the bush and collect fallen sticks to start a fire.  There is nothing like the smell of smoke in your hair and always creates LOTS of memories.

These two stood just close enough to be in the action (but far enough away to be safe)

We smelt the flowering wattle (and bought some home to enjoy)

Enjoyed watching this fellow (and his friend) who was just as interested in us as we were of him

Walked up to the summit and enjoyed a rather chilli icecream (it was a 30minute wait for a coffee - it is times like these that I wish that I owned a coffee cart or had taken the theromos)
We looked out over the city and enjoyed blue of the Brisbane River 6 months after it ruined many homes and lives.

Had a photo take by a random man who grabbed the camera off of me and snapped a lovely family photo. Thankyou - we now another lovely family photo of the four of us (there is usually always someone missing)  Will be off to get this printed today.

I wonder what next Sunday will bring?




Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous day you must have had! Haven't been up to Mt'Cootha for ages but I'm all inspired now. Hope the school run got off to a good start :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what a beautiful family!
    Your weekend looks like it was so fun and full of adventure!
    Was your home one the homes ruined in the flood?
    Beautiful photos capturing beautiful moments xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful family photo of all of you:) Looks like you all had a great time exploring together, it's a lovely spot and I love the view:) xo

    ReplyDelete