Monday, July 5, 2010

Tour de France

or le Tour de Tiredness as it is known in this house. 

This year I am joining in the fun once again over at Ravelry with the hope of finishing a Shawl for my Grandmother - hmm - running late for gifting season (she turns 80 tomorrow)  This is going to be a hard slog for me up the mountain as I really am a quick project kind a girl and really like the satisfaction of quick knits. 

Here is where I am up too so far.

So in between (I am now taking 20 minutes to do 2 rows - I need something for in between)
WIP:  That 70's dress test knit
          Vivi's Hearts Beanie and Crochet Beanie (a girl can never have too many hats)
          Sew on Button for bonnet test knit
          A few more squares of my bright blanket
          There are a few things having a long sleep - I should really work on getting those back in the WIP  
                     pile.
And will see how I go there may even be a little Vneck Vest appear on the needles.

Dinner is even in the slow cooker so I can sit and watch the highlights on SBS at 6pm tonight - I fell asleep and did not see the crash at the end.  I also found out that I have bee doing it all wrong.  I have failed reaching the finish line in past years, you see I was trying to only knit during the times that the Tour is on TV.  Being that we get an hour at 6pm (bath and dinner times in this house) and then a couple of hours at 10pm, I would find myself curled up and asleep before the end of each stage.  But, apparently competitors don't pack away the needles when the boys in spandex have finished for the day - I might just get to Paris.

If you are not into cyclist or spandex - don't fear - there is something in it for all of us if you do find yourself channel surfing.  The scenery of this beautiful part of the world is fantastic (and often distracts from the knitting when Tim says - look at this, you missed that.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you cross the finish line in fine style :)

    The 70's dress looks like it will be a good pattern, not that I need to queue more patterns...

    Righto, back to packing ;)

    ReplyDelete