Friday, July 16, 2010

A Birthday Shawl

My Grandmother turned 80 last week and in true Kylie fashion I am running late with her gift.

I have not done too badly though - considering that I cast it on on the 4th and her birthday is the 6th of July.

Modeled by my in house model. 

I think my Dad is a little worried that the little miss is part of a slave labour scheme here.  Don't be worried though - she gets pleanty knitted for her and is actually bringing me her dress at the moment when she sees it lying around so I can finish it, and has also requested something with the left over yarn.

Pattern:  A few simple shawl patterns all pulled together.
Timeframe: July 3rd - 11th 2010
Yarn: Araucania Ranco Solid from American Yarns, Brisbane 1.5balls
Needles:  4.5mm Circulars (just kept changing the cable length as I went

10 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful Kylie! I'm sure she'll love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww you are so lucky to have grandparents - I lost all of mine so long ago - I would love to have that generation around again.

    Your grandmother will love this! Is she a crafty one too?

    Lovely model btw...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really lovely! And so quick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it's just beautiful. I'm sure she wont might the little wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should write up the pattern and put it out there - sure it might be a few pulled together but that's how new patterns evolve! It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I adore the shawl! It is just gorgeous, and a lovely colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks beautiful- I am sure she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kylie, Thanks so much for dropping by my new blog yesterday to say hi! Wow - over 400 posts - something to aspire to. Noticed you too love the Amanda Keeys hat pattern. I have made a few in the last couple of weeks and aren't they just beautiful... Love your blog - I'll be back again soon. Thanks, Cath :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, that is just beautiful. I bet your grandma loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Wow, enjoying viewing your talented creations!! :)

    ReplyDelete