Thursday, June 3, 2010

My Creative Space...

is also the creative spaces of many this week.

A walk through the city streets to spot the yarn bombing and to see if we could spot what I had made. 




Amelia was the BEST finder of all things heart shaped.

Here are a few photos for you - I ended up taking 66 - but that is a little too many to share. I will try and put a collage together and upload it later.

 


So, what is this all abut.  The word on the streets is that the knitting nanna's have gone mad - but no.  It is part of I Knit Brisbane. I Knit BRIS is a large community knitting & crochet project intertwining & colouring the city.  Knitters and Crochet groups, individuals, Schools and others around the Brisbane area and beyond have spent months organising and working there little fingers to the bone.  A great effort and a wonderful feeling to be part of something so big.
If you are in Brisbane and would like to find some of these for yourself, here is a link to a little map of where they are. They will be in pace till (hopefully) the end of June.

8 comments:

  1. WOW! Am heading into the city tomorrow so can't wait to check it out!! I love it! Maybe a catch up next week?? Poppet nearly all better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to head up into the city on Sunday and check it all out. I am so excited!!! All your photos are making me wish it was Sunday already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely fantastic! Almost like a flash mob...but softer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how awesomw! The kids would have loved seeing that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep meaning to go take a look! Thanks for the reminder, might have to join in the fun next time...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is so fabulous in the middle of the city. I wonder is this happening around Australia?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you know that Warwick is gearing up for a great Knitfest next month? It's called the Warwick Jazz & Jumpers Festival and runs from July 17... We were planning to heading down there to check it out.

    ReplyDelete