Yesterday I decided to try again. Mum and I piled the kids in the car and went for a drive. We only did one (have a toddler who is teething at the moment and he was not a happy chappy*)
Anyway - I told the kids that they could chose something from the toy section - the sign that read 'all toys 1/2 price' got my attention.
We came home with what I thought was a little house. Not that we needed another, but on further inspection it is infact a pet parlour.
We also grabbed a bag of plasticy toys - but for $1.50 who would leave them there. This is only a small selection of what was in the bag. Both of the kids have had a ball playing with them all day.
If you would like to join in - pop over and sign up at Her Library Adventures.
My kids have rescued one of these from our local Op Shop also. Hours of entertainment!
ReplyDeleteI've only witnessed one "op-shop boss lady" moment - lucky for me it was directed at someone else - but it made me cringe for days! Hope it doesn't put you off! Glad your kids got some fun and cheap treasures!
ReplyDeleteit's for finds like this that i'd like to be a little girl again, full of wonder and first discovery excitement...
ReplyDeleteMiss almost 19 had this when she was little with houses and barns and other shops...and she played with them for years.
ReplyDeleteWe still have them packed away somewhere - the BEST money we ever spent !
I love how you "whispered" your Boss Lady comment. I still love anything miniature...looks like the kids had a good time with their pet home.
ReplyDeletethe pet shop is huge but it looks like so much fun.
ReplyDeleteMy Flea Market Find
what a great find, wouldnt mind stubbling upon one of those myself. hope it creates lots of distraction while the teeth are doing their worst ; )
ReplyDeleteLooks like you scored quite a bargain! Good find Kylie :)
ReplyDelete