Off the needles, blocked, wrapped and on a plane to the birthday girl (all in 5 days - what an effort)
The latest pattern from the talented Australian designer and knitter Georgie aka Tikki.
This pattern is a joy to knit, looking forward to getting some modelled shots from the birthday girl.
Pattern: Olearia by Georgie Hallam
Timeframe: June 15 - 19 2010
Yarn: Bendigo Woollen Mills 8ply Luxury
Needles: 3.25mm and 4mm (used circulars but it is knitted flat)
Modifications: None - it is perfect as it is.
Ravelled
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Ladybug! Ladybug!
Fly away home.
Your house is on fire.
And your children are all gone.
All except one,
And that’s little Ann,
For she’s hiding under
The frying pan.
---Children’s Nursery Rhyme, author unknown
A ladybug beanie to match (Her invitations had little ladybugs on them - how could one resist and I have aways had a it of a thing for Ladybugs)
Pattern: Ladybug Beanie by Megan Nadalet
Timeframe: a few hours on the 19th June 2010
Yarn: Bendigo Woollen Mills 8ply Luxury and Panda Helix 8ply
Hook: 4.5mm
Modifications: Followed the colour and used my basic skills of crochet to make it bigger. Did 7 circles (just kept doing Trebles until I could not fit any more sothey are all slightly different, but like it that way)
Ravelled
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And finally
PJ in all her glory(NB: PJ changes from a female to a male bear on a regular basis I can not keep up - he is a she today - go figure)
We also made some cupcakes for the occasion
Pattern: Poppy Cardigan by Tikki (told you this women is a genoius)
Timeframe: 22 - 23 June 2010
Yarn: Bendigo Woollen Mills 8ply Classic (left over from this matchymatch Milo)
Needle: 4mm
Modifications: Only knitted one button hole. After seperating sleeves I only knitted 12 rows and then the garter edge.
Sleeves - picked up 4 stitches under arm and knitted two rounds.
Capped sleeves (slip 1, K2tog, psso) x4 times. 2 purl rows and then cast off.
Ravelled
Well done on being a busy knitter, I have been missing my knitting time this past week :(
ReplyDeleteYou have been busy, your Olearia is beautiful, Tikki does do nice patterns and the ladybug hat is so super cute.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! And the beanie turned out cute too! The cupcakes look yummy as well!
ReplyDeleteWow Kylie, you are a super knitter! I just adore the Olearia, will have to take a look at that one that I've finished C's spring garden tee. I love the tiny teddy cupcakes too, so cute.
ReplyDeleteWow so many gorgeous things you have knitted. I am sure there is something to get the blu tack off, just google it and see what comes up. I have to say the ladybug hat looks amazing.
ReplyDeleteI love the colours! Good choice.
ReplyDeleteWow - I love it... and the hat... and those cupcakes are amazing! I've never ever thought of using tiny teddies - what a fab idea!!
ReplyDeleteYour knitting and crochet is amazing! I cannot get over how quickly you churn these projects out! Bravo!
ReplyDeleteFabulous! They all look great - and love the red theme!
ReplyDeleteI always thought brown bears were boys - learn something new everyday!
this is my first visit to your blog, your knitting and crochet is beautiful!! very inspiring.. now if only I could master crochet!
ReplyDelete