Wednesday, June 30, 2010

400 Times = a little giveaway

Wow - who would have thought that I would get this far.

From a little blog that started off so that I could share what I had been making on two forums to this.  Crafted by Kylie was born out a rush to start blogging and sharing - no thought was really put into it. As I sit here almost 4 years and 400 posts on I wonder if I should change it.

I have toyed with the idea of renaming it 'Two Sticks and a Hook'  or should I lean towards 'Mealybug Creations' (mealy is an affectionate name that a few family friends call Amelia - the bug part - well a mealy bug is actually a pest)  Or, should I just leave it as is. 400 posts, many visitors and almost 70 followers, I must be doing something right.

Thankyou to all, those who visit, comment and of course by family, who check on this regularly to see what I have been up to and to catch a glimpse of the youngsters in a new knit that I have told them about.

Blogging has helped me to meet some fantastic friends. Find out about areas before I had even moved there.  I have learnt to take and share better photos and I have seen my knitting grow from scary feather and Chunky Woollen Jumpers to what it is today.

I am going to have a little competition - I have not got a pack together yet - as I would like to make it just for the winner.  So if you are a knitter, I am NOT going to send you something knitted (unless there is something that you would like and can not do.  You might instead recieve a progect bag or some yummy yarn from a local yarn store.  If you dont knit - then yes you might just recieve something knitted.  I will chat to the winner and stalk their blog too. I can promise you that it will be good.

What you have to do to enter

Commenting and letting me know what you think about a name change will get you one entry - would like a few more (each of these will give you another chance - please let me know so I can keep track)

Blog it on our blog

Be or become a follower

Thanks in advance for all your help and for visiting.  I will leave you with a sneak of what has just come off of the needles.  I will daw the lucky commenter/follower Friday 9th 

33 comments:

  1. What can we say . Thats our girl , very proud of you well done with everything including those beautiful Grandchildren you have given us . For the name it is all yours make it big capital ( K K ) Kylies Knits Love Dad and Mum oooxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kylie, Congratulations on your 400th post - Wow what a milestone!I wish I could think of some witty title for your blog but I am fairly hopeless at that sort of thing! I like Kylie Knits too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge congratulations Kylie! They are some amazing achievements there.
    I'm not really sure about the name thing. Recently we were informed that our street might be changing its name from Foxs Lane to Foxs Road and I don't even think I could make that tiny change. Lots of people do it but I feel like it is my blog's identity...I never changed my surname when I got married either.
    Sorry I'm no help. I am looking forward to seeing what you decide tho.
    And I am already a follower of your gorgeous and inspiring blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on 400 posts! I have loved reading them and watching the kids get bigger. You have grown too in the time I have known you :)

    I like Mealybug Creations. I think of you already when I see that name so it already feels like you. Your blog is about you, your children, craft, sewing, knitting and crochet so a name that can be good for it all would work best.

    Looking forward to more blogging from you, and a catch up one day! And thanks for listing me as a friend, it means a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading your blog and you often inspire me to add more to my Ravelry queue (should I thank you for that?:))!

    I like your current name but both those you have listed are pretty good! Keep Mealybug Creations as your business made/tag - it's got a great ring to it regardless of the creature.

    Just keep on blogging and providing us all with fun, adventure and inspiration. Thanks for the past 400 and looking forward to the next 400!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on 400 posts Kylie. I don't think you should change your blog name. Blogs are often such personal things so I think your name is perfectly fine as it is. It is really to remember and suitably descriptive. Plus if you change it I will have to keep reminding myself that it is you in my reader :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog covers so much more than your creative side, if you're open to a suggestion maybe something with Kylie and Kaleidoscope?

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! 400 so awesome. I like the mealy bug name but I like Kylie Knits also.... whatever you choose it should really embody you as a crafter good luck and happy 400!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Conrats on your 400th post!! Brilliant!! And so lovely to have met you through the bloggy dating agency :) I love the name of your blog but I also think two sticks and a hook is gorgeous too. How will you decide...mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on 400 posts, I have a long way to go before I get to that. I have recently joined your lovely blog, thanks for the knitting inspiration. I'm yet to learn the tricks of the needles and hook.........
    PS. Mealybugs does have a good ring to it, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on number 400! I just passed that too! As for the name change- do what will make you happy :) I will visit either way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hmmm- I follow you using bloglines...does that count?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our friend's daughter Camille is also called Mealybug. How random. I like 2 sticks & a hook. But I think your parents are right about Kylies Knits. That's cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh and I am a follower :) Through google reader. And congrats on 400 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on 400 posts. I never made it to a dozen, so I really admire folks who can write an interesting and fun blog. I don't have any advice on the name, except do what feels best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done on 400 posts!

    Mealybugs is cute but I guess it depends on whether you want your blog to be a seperate entity to your business or whether you want them to be synonymous (sp?) either way I'm sure you will find something that suits!

    Hey does the prize include you finishing my Milo vest for me Ha, ha ha.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. congratulations on 400 posts - amazing! I personally think that what you do is more important than your name (and you do great things!) but all the names sound good...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, 400 posts! That's pretty impressive indeed.

    I like your current name, it's something I associate with you and covers all the crafty areas, be it sewing or knitting or crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. congrats Kylie!
    it's great getting to know you through following your blog.
    Not sure about the name change, I guess it's a personal decision & what feels right.
    love the new look, goodluck & enjoy the rest of your journey

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on 400 posts. :)
    I don't think it matters too much what name your blog has. I come to see your creations and read your posts so having it named after you makes perfect sense to me!

    I have been following you via Bloglines for a few months but have just signed up via Google Friends too.

    And I listed your giveaway on my blog sidebar.

    Hugs, Cass

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on 400 posts!

    I like both Kylie's Knits and Mealybug Creations, but I think Two Sticks and a Hook is too similar to other blogs - I'd find it harder to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on doing so well & getting so far with your blog, your current name is great as it's you and your craft simple yet effective and easy to remember. This sounds like a great giveaway the winner surely will win!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats Kylie! 400 is a great accomplishment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on the 400th post. As to the name change I'm not sure up to youif yopu fell you are ready for a change. I like the current name as it reflects whats its, your place to show of your makings be what it may. And I love dropping by for a looksee.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy 400th :-)
    I love Mealybug Creations as a name.
    I guess whether or not to change comes down to what you want to get out of your blogging. Nothing wrong with sticking with what you have. But if you feel you have evolved, and are entering a new stage, then sometimes a new name can be nice.
    Good luck with your decision!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on 400 posts. That IS impressive!
    I like Kylie creates...covers knit, crochet and sewing ;)
    but 2 sticks and a hook is catchy...
    Here's to many more posts-you are very inspiring to me!
    Off to follow your blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey Kylie, congrats on the big 400!!
    Two Sticks and a Hook is catchy :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wopw. 400 posts! Congratulations.
    I am not sure why I haven't been following your blog...but I will now :) Name-wise- I love Mealybug Creations but if you are happy with things as they are, why make a change?

    ReplyDelete
  29. A big congratulations to you - 400 posts is a serious accomplishment.

    I really enjoy reading your posts and admire your skills - I like your current blog name but everyone will follow you no matter what you call yourself!

    I wonder what your next 400 posts with cover?

    xxoo Cherri

    ReplyDelete
  30. You know what....I like Kylie's Crafts, if you change it I'll get confused ;) Doesn't take much - hahaha.

    You make beautiful things and I'm constantly in awe! My kidlings love their Kylie's craft hats.

    Congrats on your 400th post. Kxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats Kylie on 400 posts. I love the name 2 Sticks and a Hook, very catchy.
    I'm off to become a follower, I love your work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. congrats on ur 400th post! im on my 100th post and am having a giveaway! its a lot of fun having giveaways... im defiantly gona have to do them more often! i cant think of any cleaver names... it can be something totally random or something that you really love. or like me use ur knick name!

    ReplyDelete