It is the One per Month Challenge, I thought - I can do this. The rules are easy and clear and go like this:
◦choose a cookbook per month and try to cook one new recipe per week (or at least just one recipe per month if four gets too challenging)
◦choose a craft book per month and make at least one item from the book
So for January I am going to try a few recipes out of DECEPTIVELY DELICIOUS, now not that I have a problem with my kids eating - they are great eaters. I just picked it up at the library and thought that it looked interesting.
I am also going to jion in with the Once a Month Challenge that My Favourite is hosting. And also have huge plans on attempting to get one Christmassey thing completed per month - wish me luck.
I am doing this challenge too. It will be a good chance to try a few new things throughout the year.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see what you think of that cook book. I have been wondering if it would be worth having?
What a great idea to get you trying new things :)
ReplyDeleteHonestly I don't think I would have enough cookbooks unless I started seriously borrowing from the library. I certainly don't have enough craft books to pull this challenge off.
ReplyDeleteGood Luck and Best Wishes
Beinda
I think that is such a fabulous idea, I have a cupboard full of cookbooks and use them mostly for special occasions! How silly is that! Think I might have to give this a little go too! All the best with your cooking adventures!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea, I like the idea of a new recipe per month, I recommend the macaroni and cheese recipe with butternut pumpkin puree and the choc chip chickpea cookies. Deceptively Delicious is used a lot in this house.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great challenge! I love the look of that cookbook, I might have to have a look to see if it is available at my library. Can't wait to see you knit up this whirligig shrug, will it be for Amelia?
ReplyDeleteWow, sounds ace, what a great motivator & fabulous idea. That Jessica Seinfeld book is excellent - a friend of mine has it (Navy wife) as she's vegetarian & her children aren't. I just loved the feel of the pages & the retro styling. She also sounds like heaps of fun, i guess Mrs Jerry Seinfeld would be don't you think?? I guess if you paced yourself one cooking challenge one fortnight, craft the next, you'd be amazed at what you can do in 12 months. Well my husband is off to the cinema so it's a quiet night in, i'm going to take a look at that ChaletGirl blog now. Well after an episode of Man Men after the children go to bed & some light reading . . . love Posie
ReplyDelete