Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January Challenge - Something for ME!

A Tunic.



With all of the hot weather and daily trips to the pool, I descided that I required a Tunic.  Armed with a copy of 4/2009 Burda Style Magazine from a recent trip to the library (the library is a common place to also visit at the moment as it has airconditoning)


I love it - It is great to pop on over my togs and head to the pool and easy to slip on after.  I enjoyed sewing for myself - funny enough the last thing that I sewed for myself was a dress for winter.  I am hoping that I will sew a little more for myself this year.

There is a Flickr group set up if you would like to see what everyone else has made this month.

Thanks Carolyn for this inspiring Meme to get me sewing for myself (actually sewing again - this is the first time I have sewn in our new house) Feburary brings a new challenge - Sewing with Knits.

21 comments:

  1. Lovely colour Kylie and yes great for popping on after a dip , good for you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea. Pity swimming lessons finish for us tomorrow 'cause I could have used that over the last week and a half!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great Kylie- lovely colour - what fabric did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tunic is cool, and I love the colour of it. The kids look like they had a blast at the pool too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kylie I absolutely love it, well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks gorgeous! What did you use for the detailing around the neck and sleeves?

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Kylie - I love it. The colour, the cut etc..You will certainly get loads of wear out of it up here!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Kylie, and so very practical! Glad you are enjoying sunny Queensland!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling Kylie, slim as ever. i think that is how my kaftans are meant to look, but not quite??
    Would you consider adding a follow button so i can follow you through my dashboard with the tiniest of efforts. I love using it as a way of seeing blogs & leaving comments.
    Um, is that my husband's pool?? Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous tunic Kylie... I love the colour on you it really suits you...

    Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, it looks gorgeous Kylie! And the colour is so fresh and summery, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabbo, thanks for making the blog follow link SO EASY FOR ME!! I'm now on board, ah, nice & easy, thanks Kylie, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Kylie that top is gorgeous! I think it would be great with jeans underneath for the Autumn months too. have a great weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks great Kylie - the colour really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job Kylie and whaaaaa I got so homesick to read the word togs!!! Great colour on you too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, that is perfect for a day/morning/afternoon at the beach. Great colour.

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks great, might have to make myself one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it, great job! Makes me want to make one :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is a lovely tunic! What is the beautiful detailing around the neckline? I can't quite make in out. Looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete