Thursday, January 14, 2010

FROG... is a 4 letter word!


...and so is another...

Man, what was I thinking. All the way up to splitting it for the arms and I am sitting there going - NO...NO...NO...

And to think that I counted and recounted and counted again (even stopping during knitting at one point to count again because I thought that it was looking small and double checked gauge)  But NO...  Eveytime I missed it. Missed that I had infact cast on 20 less stitches then required. 

That will teach me not to cast on while enjoying a Gin and Tonic with my darling husband.

Or...maybe it is an oman that infact the baby that this is intended for is indeed a girl and I should have cast on something pink. (sex unknown until birth all will be revealed on Monday!)

Off to Frog and get the sewing machine out - it is too hot for this knitting thing today anyway.

8 comments:

  1. He he he, don't drink & knit!! At least you are a mother & noticed it would have been doll size not baby size & didn't finish it. Just like cutting fabric wrong & not realising until you hem, annoying!! Too hot to knit, phew, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! Lucky you are able to sew too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bugger :( So, what are you sewing? Do we need to talk baby patterns? I have ruffle pants for a girl or bloomers/shorts for a little boy if it helps...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i feel your pain! Have another gin and tonic and sleep it off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you went better with your sewing. It must going to be a girl - better cast on some pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! How frustrating. My problem is putting projects down for too long and then that causes it's own problem. I pulled out some WIPs when pregnant with Maddy to see what I could finish off for her. I found a Debbi Bliss tank in the most perfect Austy colours that I had started for him and then tossed aside because I almost completed the back and realised I had cast on the 10m size when he was 18m old. Turned out that I had done that on purpose as I was using 8ply instead of 4ply and it would have been fine... had I finished it before he turned 2! Pulled it out the other day and seriously thinking it needs to be ripped and restarted in a size 4 - or maybe I can find a time machine and go back to him being 2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! There's a lesson to be learnt there, no drinking and knitting. Have you decided what you are going to sew for the baby?

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhhh boo! frog definately is a 4 letter word. goddluck with the new cast on :)

    ReplyDelete