Well we hit the opshop yesterday and came home with these little goodies!
Two pieces of material - one each for the kids. And a book that I used to love reading as a child...

Tim has requested a new knitted cricket vest!

And not like a need anymore knitting books - but I could not leave them there (and I was very strong - I could have walked out with 100 of them)

Oh Kylie I loved that book as a child too - might add it to the girls' birthday list so I can enjoy it again!
ReplyDeleteGreat finds from the op-shop!
ReplyDeleteWhat great finds!!! I love all of the knitting books especially the little baby one at the end... Too cute!
ReplyDeleteBTW... Thanks for the tip of adding vinegar to my wash cycle, I'll give it a go with my next load.
Jodie
I also had that book!
ReplyDeleteAnd that floral fabric is so pretty!
You've got Dirty Harry!!! Why didn't I think of that for Tilly? Must get it now. I love those cricket vests. Which one does Tim want?
ReplyDeleteHi Kylie, hope all is well, we haven't seen you in the sewing forums lately. BTW I have tagged you, if you have time - I know how busy having a little one can be. Details are on my blog. Pop in and see us on EB if you get a chance.
ReplyDeleteI have many fond childhood memories of that book too!!! I hope your homesickness has passed and thanks so much for your comment =) Townsville is truly beautiful! Hope all has continued to be OK for your family in Mackay!
ReplyDeleteGreat finds Kylie and I love the little outfit you whipped up for Baden to match his Dad a few posts back, you have way more courage than me starting a few hours before going out!
ReplyDeleteBTW I have tagged you on my blog too. :)
What terrific finds at the Op Shop. You inspired me to look in one this morning and I found a 1 metre of some bright fabric for 50c! I would never have thought of looking there for craft supplies but will have to start looking for crafty treasures more often. Lisa
ReplyDeleteI have posted the recipe you were after for Oaty Choc Chip Cookies. Sarah
ReplyDeleteWow, you've got some really great find there!!
ReplyDeleteMelx
Thanks for the lovely comment Kylie... And yes we do have dust everywhere humanly possible at the moment!! I guess you just learn to live with the filth, isn't that sad... :(
ReplyDeleteMum told me that the Wiggles also visited Wagga, did you get a chance to go with the kids??
I have beautiful visions in my head of a lovely free standing wooden vanity but heaven only knows if I'll find the one I want... I guess I could always get one specially made if I couldn't find the one I wanted... I hope all is well with the new bub. Take Care... :)
Jodie